What's next Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CosmoPilot, Apr 29, 2012.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

Anyone remember Tim Cook stating over the course of the next year Apple would be revealing new innovative products? He mentioned something along those lines during the New iPad unveiling, and also had similar language during the quarterly report.

Any guesses what he's talking about?

Surely it isn't just an AppleTV or new iPhone design. Just curious if anyone else caught those comments and what your thoughts are?

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Guesses or wishes? :)

I'd like to see an Apple smartwatch.

3. NewtonApple macrumors member

What does everyone expect Apple to do with it's new iPhone 5? Kinda hard to come out with something revolutionary. A form factor change would be the biggest change and I am betting that is why they will do.

Thinking the 5 will be slightly larger and a larger screen. This will make the one who want a larger screen happy and the one who do not want it larger . . . Well they will have to get over it.

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

iPhone 5
    OS X Mountain Lion
    Any new cloud service
    iTV
    New AirPort Extreme
    Gaming accessories for iOS devices and iTV

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Or maybe they will keep it the same size and those wanting a larger screen can get over it ;)

6. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Are we talking about an actual television set here, or jus the Apple TV we already know? Because if we're talking about an actual television set from Apple, that would be HUGE.

Secondarily, now that the mobile space is so congested, yet highly competitive everyone is dying to know what Apple has up it's sleeves.

Lastly, I bet the Macs all get brand new redesigns. While I love my unibody MacBook Pro, the design is quite old, and is do for a change. Just my two cents.

7. NewtonApple macrumors member

Well, if I were a betting man, I would put my money on a slightly larger device/screen. Apple will alienate it's users either way but I am betting they think that the true iPhone lovers would forgive them for making it a bit larger while the other users who could leave Apple would stay and might even gain some new users.

Just my thoughts, but if I owned Apple, it would have the best advantages to me. Leaving the screen the way it is . . . well the future is to a bright.

GO DAWGS!

Spent 6 years in Athens, good feelings about my DAWGS and Athens. My parents sure spent a lot of their money on me while going to school there.

8. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Very Good reply MacDawg to NewtonApples post. That was funny. :D ;)

9. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Would an apple tv really be that huge? I buy a tv for picture quality first and foremost. Media features aren't that important to me since I could always get a box with some features.

Cable content is almost always through a cable box too, so it's not like you'd be able to use the "amazing" apple interface for the majority of your viewing.

10. tomtom101 macrumors regular

You think Macbook designs are odd?? Care to elaborate? This actually interests me!!

11. Moccasin, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

I'm in two minds about whether Tim Cook's comment was just a throwaway remark to keep the shareholders happy or something more significant.

Obviously an actual TV would be good if they can get it all right. The iPhone is the other possibility - despite it's initial problems, the iPhone 4 was still very innovative.

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what they have up their corporate sleeve...

12. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

A stand alone television has been in the rumor department for quite some time. I'm just curious what everyone thought about Tim Cook's comments. Does anyone think an entirely new consumer product is coming this year? That's what I got from his comments...if so, what would it be?

Someone mentioned a watch. If it has Siri incorporated, that would be cool. You could set appointments, ect. without pulling out your phone. Imagine speaking to your wrist ("beam me up Scottie")!

13. ChrisTX, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Reread my post please, I said old not "odd"

Seing what Apple has done for Music, Media, Phones, and now tablet/personal computing. Yes an Apple branded television would be huge.

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

There has been talk that Apple will come out with a Gaming Device/Console that will be integrated into a TV, which sounds...expensive and useless. It will be interesting to see what happens int he next few years as Jobs' influence slowly wears off the company.

15. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Hm. Good question. iPhone 5 is surely a certainty with a new design. The iPanel is going to be very special I think but with a huge price tag! New MacBook Air's and Pro's later this year too. I can't see Apple unveiling a new product (apart from the iPanel) because the products they currently have on the market are doing extremely well.

16. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

If Apple could fix the mess of cords and cables behind my TV I'd buy a new TV from them in a heartbeat. But it would need to be something very innovative and sleek. I'd love to see a TV and home theater system from them controlled by Siri. :cool:

----------

You make it sound as if all ideas and innovation came from Steve. I doubt that's the case. Sure he had the final say over everything but he wasn't the only creative mind at Apple.

17. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Well since apple is known for its brilliant displays, I'm quite sure if they released a TV, the display would be extraordinary. And yes, that would be HUGE!

18. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Yeah that would be cool, probably evolve the nano into that, especially if they bring out the TV, the wrist device could bring together that 'Halo' effect by getting all the notifications, and maybe the device can control all the devices around you, sorta like a mini control device.