Whats Next For Apple?...

Macs R Us

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I saw the iMac G5 and iShiht and all the new items Apple has... But I can rember the Early Prototypes of these, that we all tought would never sell, but almost all the products Apple was woring have been relised in a simarl manner. When I talked to John (John Scully for those of you that are, well dumb) in the 1990's, and spoke to him about Apples future and next products, he went into a small talk about the futrue that VideoConfanceing would soon come and be accesable, computers with LCD's and other neat items. It has occrued to me after see all of Apple products and some protos, I know Apple next products will be in the line of the PDA/Accesores... The "Digital Life" is sooner then we all think. I have some ideas of the next products that seem to be in lodgical order based on Apple history... I aslo recently talked to a peoson who works at Apple in the developmet setion and toght he could not go into detail, I know some big things were in store for Apple. I recovered 30 Apple VHS tapes for workers only to discribe to the cutomers the new products, and seem to see that the User Serviceable small AIO computer (iMac G5) has arrived. This is just some toghts I had about Apple, I figured I share with all of you... I shall write more about my "ideas" soon.
 

whw5

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2004
247
0
Atlanta
Please please, tell us some more of your ideas!!! So im being a little saracastic. But yea, its a little interesting.
 

whw5

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2004
247
0
Atlanta
Florida Gator said:
whats next?

not a new version of powerbooks apparently
Thats why im selling my powerbook for a new G5 imac. I dont use its portability so why not get more power and screenspace. The G4 will be obsolite like the G3 in another 2 years at most.
 

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
How is the G3 obsolete? I don't consider it obsolete seeing as it is running Apple's latest OS, that is also on the G4, and the G5? Therefore, to others and I, it's far from obsolete.
 

whw5

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2004
247
0
Atlanta
jet3004 said:
How is the G3 obsolete? I don't consider it obsolete seeing as it is running Apple's latest OS, that is also on the G4, and the G5? Therefore, to others and I, it's far from obsolete.

I think it is a dated processor. It can hardly handle ilife apps and Mac OS X. If word processing and internet is all its used for then fine. But the list of programs that no longer support the G3 is becoming larger and larger. Nothing against its users, but you can't help but admit that the mac world focus almost completely around the G4 and G5
 

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
whw5 said:
I think it is a dated processor. It can hardly handle ilife apps and Mac OS X. If word processing and internet is all its used for then fine. But the list of programs that no longer support the G3 is becoming larger and larger. Nothing against its users, but you can't help but admit that the mac world focus almost completely around the G4 and G5
Panther and iApps work great on my G3...Sure, I use my PB for Garageband, Photoshop, etc., but iMac was a machine that was built to last.
 

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
461
0
it would help if you spell checked your post. It is nearly illegible, in a matter of speaking ...
 

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
1,065
0
Dallas
djkny said:
it would help if you spell checked your post. It is nearly illegible, in a matter of speaking ...
How about breaking it up into paragraphs as well. Geesh, I can barely read some of these posts. They turn into the Unabomber's manafesto. :rolleyes:
 

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
24,378
110
Location Location Location
Macs R Us said:
When I talked to John (John Scully for those of you that are, well dumb) in the 1990's...
Then I must be dumb.

I also had to read several parts of your post a few times before I understood what you were trying to say, so I'm either dumb, or your writing is not very good, as 'smart' as you are.

But hey, great ideas in there.......sorta. Something about talking to Sculley, an Apple PDA-type device, and watching VHS tapes.
 

whw5

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2004
247
0
Atlanta
Abstract said:
Then I must be dumb.

I also had to read several parts of your post a few times before I understood what you were trying to say, so I'm either dumb, or your writing is not very good, as 'smart' as you are.

But hey, great ideas in there.......sorta. Something about talking to Sculley, an Apple PDA-type device, and watching VHS tapes.
Abstract, I can see you dont like "fuzzy" writing. I completely agree. If one takes the time to type up such a long post, why not edit it? It just keeps you from looking like a muttonhead.

Macs R Us, you should really think about editing if you are going to be calling people stupid. Why not change it up right now, so that people can't make fun of your abysmal spelling and grammer? Of corse, I have had my share of horrible spelling and grammer mistakes. DOH! But HEY, thats what Spell Check and Parents are for, right?
 

whw5

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2004
247
0
Atlanta
Macs R Us said:
Well your all so kind for noticing the typo's:). I will edit the first Post soon...
Sorry to pick on you again, but have you seen your website? You need to fix it. If you cant spells words right, I am not sure that people would trust buying items from your website.
 

Macs R Us

macrumors 6502
Original poster
whw5 said:
Sorry to pick on you again, but have you seen your website? You need to fix it. If you cant spells words right, I am not sure that people would trust buying items from your website.
Gee thanks, you must not have seen the other post :rolleyes: . I have been reformation the page and rewording... You must rememeber I'm 16 I don't have all the time to spend on editing.
 

Macs R Us

macrumors 6502
Original poster
sorryiwasdreami said:
Is this necessary?

I still cannot even come close to deciphering what you are trying to say in your original post; the spelling and grammer are that bad.

Please clear it up.
Well I think we all killed this post... All I was saying Apple will have some new items soon and I know from some people soon the will be in the EVT, and DVT Stages... Thanks Again!!!
 

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
6,557
36
Macs R Us said:
Gee thanks, you must not have seen the other post :rolleyes: . I have been reformation the page and rewording... You must rememeber I'm 16 I don't have all the time to spend on editing.
Whatever, when I was 16 I had all the time in the world to do pointless stuff. I doubt your any exception. To make your site better you should be like that one guy on the forums. "Can you believe this totally awesome web site is run by a high school student :eek:."

jon
 

broken_keyboard

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
1,144
0
Secret Moon base
Macs R Us said:
Gee thanks, you must not have seen the other post :rolleyes: . I have been reformation the page and rewording... You must rememeber I'm 16 I don't have all the time to spend on editing.
Sculley resigned from Apple in 1993. So I guess you were discussing Apple's future products with him when you were 5 years old?
 

Macs R Us

macrumors 6502
Original poster
iJon said:
Whatever, when I was 16 I had all the time in the world to do pointless stuff. I doubt your any exception. To make your site better you should be like that one guy on the forums. "Can you believe this totally awesome web site is run by a high school student :eek:."

jon
This may be ture but, I sell over 10 items a day and I HAVE TO SHIP THEM + keep records, as well as homework... All I do is computer work, I'm in a building 24/7, I would live to have time to work on my site but, I just don't. When did this Post be about how bad I am, I was tring to share infromation and you guys are turing it into a "You Suck" Post. Give me some credit, I do try really hard.
 

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
1,537
0
afk
Not really new

Sorry Mac R us, It's really tough for me to understand on how you come up with such a conclusion but hasn't this been the direction that many companies are currently undertaking? I mean Sony has always been promoting lifestyle and technology. Microsoft has also jumped onto this bandwagon with their media center and so has HP Compaq with their own stuff. This idea isn't really that new unless I misunderstood your post.