Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

What’s on your mind?

SteveManila1960

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2019
London
I cannot get past COVID-19. Been under lockdown in Manila since March 15th and now (at least in my time zone) it is December already. I only flew out of the UK for a 3 week holiday to see my daughters and here I am almost 9 months later still here.

I think the harsh reality came on March 20th when I was standing in the line to buy Pandesal bread at the Condo bakery here. The guy in front of me took off his face mask, did a huge sneeze without covering his mouth, then put the face mask back on.

I realised it wasn't COVID-19 that would kill so many people and make them sick it was stupidity and there is no vaccine for stupidity sadly.

Demonstrations in the streets of London right now today my home city against the lockdown measures. Do these people realise the situation they are in is due to the actions of ignorant stupid people not the government?

I think there should be a huge drive to find a vaccine for 'stupid' because that is the biggest problem we have across the world right now.

Reactions: SDColorado

kazmac

macrumors G3
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I’ll be right across the street but my boss is my mentor and brought me here to help fix some issues and their not fixed. I’m going to talk to him a bit about it tomorrow
I hope it turns out the way you want it to.

And hope everyone is having a nice Monday.

Plucky Blue Jay was squawking amid the downpours this morning, hopping along a roof gutter while getting soaked. It flew from that roof to our front tree twice, while protesting loudly. Stopped to preen itself and then flew away. May it find plenty of good things to eat after this storm passes.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Westmere
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I hope it turns out the way you want it to.

And hope everyone is having a nice Monday.

Plucky Blue Jay was squawking amid the downpours this morning, hopping along a roof gutter while getting soaked. It flew from that roof to our front tree twice. Preened itself and flew away.
I’ve had better. Stock taking two and a half hours from home. Didn’t get it finished today, so ended up booking a hotel room. Room service dinner was pretty average. But it’s just gone 8 and I’m already thinking it’s time to go to bed.

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
I'm kinda in shock. The quiet and nice girl who grew up to be nurse to help people was killed by her husband. Then he killed himself. I was in school with her for years. This happened on Thanksgiving. It's... Unreal.

Clix Pix

macrumors demi-goddess
AFB, sorry to hear you're still doing inventorying and that now you'll be spending another night away from home in order to finish up tomorrow. I'll bet you'll be so glad when this is done! At least this hotel has room service, so that's good!

Septembersrain, what an awful situation, and I can only imagine how this woman's family and loved ones feel, not to mention those of you who knew her and grew up with her...... There must've been some difficult things going on with the husband that he would have lost control that way and done such a heinous thing.

Reactions: Septembersrain

AVBeatMan

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2010
No matter how many hours of work I do it’s never enough. How far are we off from cloning being viable? The only way I think I can get to use my holiday this year.

I know how you feel. I’m running a team this week and planned on a 7-4 day but still trying to sort things out at 18:00! And now thinking of tomorrow, Wednesday etc... it’s a good thing I love my job but “man” can be stressful at times.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Westmere
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I know how you feel. I’m running a team this week and planned on a 7-4 day but still trying to sort things out at 18:00! And now thinking of tomorrow, Wednesday etc... it’s a good thing I love my job but “man” can be stressful at times.
Agreed. Trouble is I have two major projects that we’ve taken on that have landed on me. I was already doing a six day week. Just need to create two more days a week and I’m golden.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.