What's so great about Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by gregdrummeraz, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

I really would like to know. I mean I understand what could make you want to come and vote for him. But his policies seem... Unachievable. I don't want any mean or cruel answers, just basic facts.

I don't want anyone to BASH McCain, because that shows weakness in your debate.

Just honest FACTS about him. I don't need any links, as I can find things just as well as you can.

So please, shoot!

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

No, it doesn't. In fact, I'd say that any credible argument for Obama should include the fact that, in this two horse race, he isn't McCain.

One of the biggest draws to Obama is that he isn't any of the bad things that McCain is.

3. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

Could you state some of those bad things?

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Geez ... I really don't know anything about the candidates but I feel bad for you guys ..... What you are saying is that your only option is the guy that isn't as bad as McCain!! LOL!! The lesser of two evils??

5. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Neo-Con

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Violent, irascible, clueless, unprincipled, dying, lying and unable to choose a sensible running mate.

Obama, on the other hand, will take advice, will inspire others, will break a few moulds, and will probably grow to be an excellent President if he survives the assassination attempt.

7. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

yes! :(

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich were 2 men that could have changed politics in this country forever! There were the Hope™ the United States is looking for.

I don't look for Paul to run again due to his age, but I hope when Obama's 8 years are up Kucinich will be there again! :)

8. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

9. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Of course I can. Surely you know these things already? If you really don't then I'll write up a list for you.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You're getting links. If you're so incredibly curious, go read up on him yourself. I don't know why you expect us to spoon feed you.

But that's not what this is about. Your side is losing. You're frustrated and can't understand why in the world no one would want 4 more years of the same garbage we've been handed for the last 8.

Your link- ignore it if you want.

http://obama.senate.gov/

11. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

They are both dying, and I think Obama may be McCain to the grave if elected, HINT HINT!

Well, I know Youtube is not a GREAT source but if you search "Obama Lie" it brings up 58k videos..... If you search "McCain Lie" It brings 32k videos....

Who's lying?

12. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I'm not voting for Obama because he is not McCain, but because I believe in his policies and I want a brilliant and thoughtful person to be president.

Though I am much more liberal than Obama, I generally agree with him on taxes, the economy generally, human rights, social issues, and foreign affairs. I don't believe in unilateral action unless it's absolutely unavoidable, I believe in diplomacy, and I believe in the role of the UN in the world.

I believe health care is a right, and that we need to protect a woman's right to decide what will happen to her own body. I believe that torture is not only gravely wrong, but unconstitutional, that we need serious investment in alternative energy sources, new regulations governing big business, and that our infrastructure is a disaster waiting to happen. We don't need terrorists attacking us when we have roads, bridges, buildings and schools collapsing due to neglect.

Do I believe he can do everything he's promised? No. But if he gets some of it done, it'll be a giant step in the right direction.

13. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

A big point to me is with the economy. We know that the republican trickle down effect does not work. Until I was laid off I paid 40% of my income to taxes. When your talking about making $56K that's a huge chunk of money. Also Obama wants to work to eliminate the $12 million in tax cuts my ex-employer got for shipping work over seas and costing me my job.

Not to McCain bash, but he plan to buy up $500 billion in bad mortgages is extremely unrealistic and stupid. The US already can not find anyone to borrow this $700 billion for the bail out from.

Also I am very angry hearing that after all the "We will not be giving out golden parachutes" Wallstreet execs are walking with billions.

McCain's idea of no ear marks is nice, but two things,
    1) I would hate to see critical piece of legislation fail because some farmer in Iowa got a new barn because of it.
    2) I have not seen anything to show he himself has not placed ear marks in bill. I am pretty sure he loves them just like everyone else.

Also I will not support a candidate who finds "Obama monkey" and "Kill that 'N'" at his rallies as exceptable. He's even proud of these people.

Finally Obama shows more level headedness, a better understanding of the United States place in the rest of the world, and a clear knowledge that the Iraqi people want US occuption to stop. (Mass Demonstations in Iraq over the past week) Obama also clearly sides with the majority of Amaericans and not just big business.

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It almost sounds as if you relish the prospect.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Look junior- if that's what you're going to start citing as "evidence" of something, this thread needs to be closed now.

16. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Are you serious? Is that a serious comment?

17. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

Fine, Fine, Fine, heres Obama's words.... That he has been lying on!

Below are a few lines from Obama's books; In his words!

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Chilling one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

18. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Wow.

If this is the level of your discourse, why did I waste my time replying?

19. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

dido that. That was time I could have been canvasing for Obama

20. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I am so sick of Muslims being made out as bad. Why is this bad? Nothing is wrong with the Muslim religion. It's just as valid as Christanity.

21. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Is that all you've got? What on earth is that supposed to prove? :confused:

22. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Jesus is the most quoted prophet in the Quran. Jesus = Isa in Arabic.

23. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Not only that, but IIRC, that quote was written in the context of opposing racial and religious profiling that occurs in the guise of fighting terrorism.

In that context, you'll find a lot of people standing with Muslims, including me. And I'm as anti-organized-religion as they come.

24. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

So, you're here simply to bash Obama?

Barack is a man who's able to take both sides of the issue into consideration and work towards a viable solution for both parties.

He's intelligent.

He can speak well.

He's traveled extensively outside of the US.

He's had to deal with racism every single day of his life.

He is NOT a redneck maverick with a silver spoon in his mouth.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He can actually see America from his front door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.