What's the APN for the AT&T on Verizon iPad?

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Hopefully it's not bad to ask that, but I just got a MicroSIM from an AT&T store so I'm wondering how it works! Also I actually have service with AT&T if that matters. Thank you.

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Hopefully it's not bad to ask that, but I just got a MicroSIM from an AT&T store so I'm wondering how it works! Also I actually have service with AT&T if that matters. Thank you.
Just go here unlockit.co.nz and it will do it automatically. Besides, if you put in a new AT&T SIM it is possible it will update the APN automatically. It did that with my T-Mo SIM.

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Just go here unlockit.co.nz and it will do it automatically. Besides, if you put in a new AT&T SIM it is possible it will update the APN automatically. It did that with my T-Mo SIM.
Would I have to pay for AT&T service too? I mean I have a 3GB plan for my iPhone 4S... I could use its MicroSIM...couldn't I?

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Would I have to pay for AT&T service too? I mean I have a 3GB plan for my iPhone 4S... I could use its MicroSIM...couldn't I?
HUH? The iPad is a separate prepaid plan. Nothing to do with your iPhone. If you are asking if you can use your actual iPhone SIM, maybe, but ATT will probably cut you off quite quickly because it's against their contract terms and you'd have to keep taking it out and switching it.