What's the avg resale value of iPhone 4 AT&T nowadays?

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
I've tried checking eBay but their new interface is hard to understand:confused::confused:

And craigslist is full of highballers so that's not an accurate representation of what people purchase used iPhone 4 16GB for.

Thanks!

/user/me

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I've tried checking eBay but their new interface is hard to understand:confused::confused:

And craigslist is full of highballers so that's not an accurate representation of what people purchase used iPhone 4 16GB for.

Thanks!
I was able to sell mine - in perfect condition - for 225.

Comment

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
I sold a black iphone 4 32gb in near mint (no scratches etc.) for $400 in Orange County, CA about 3 weeks ago. Updated to 5.0.1 and not jb/unlocked.

Comment

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I sold a black iphone 4 32gb in near mint (no scratches etc.) for $400 in Orange County, CA about 3 weeks ago. Updated to 5.0.1 and not jb/unlocked.
You got a good deal and that buyer didn't do his homework.

16 gb in great condition would sell for 250-275 easily. 32 gb would be around 300-350.

Comment

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
You got a good deal and that buyer didn't do his homework.

16 gb in great condition would sell for 250-275 easily. 32 gb would be around 300-350.
Yeah he definitely didn't. It was the day or two after Xmas and he seemed pretty young. He was probably really eager to spend his Xmas money lol. I wasn't going to turn him down. I listed it for 420 and agreed on 400. In and out, it was a great transaction.

Comment

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
Sold my replacement iPhone for $500 on Amazon. It was basically new. After receiving the replacement Immediately placed it for sale online.

I will note that was almost 6 months ago.

Comment

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You do realize that just because people are posting it for $500 doesn't mean they are actually being sold?
I was using that as an extreme example as you never said what the phones are listed for in your area. Just because you consider them highballers doesn't make the ammount inaccurate as an average. The only way to know for sure is to offer those sellers an amount you think is realistic and if most of them say yes you have your number.

Comment

weintrw

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
Philly
Even The 'safe' way doesn't work

I like what most of you are doing. You might be interested to know the 'safe' way. Last month since being on ATT since they came to do mobile, my service had slowly became unusable over last yr. I switched to Verizon and got a 4s and a flip phone. I'm in my 70's and although I had seen some nice prices for my 3g and i4, I decided to go with Verizon's trade-in program. After signing with Verizon they sent me two special envelopes and asked for just the phones. Nothing else. $65 and $200. I placed them in the mailbox together. Three days later, I hear from them the $65 would be $55 (They were correct) but now about a month later, they say I never mailed the i4. I took a picture of the two envelopes going in the mailbox together, but nothing interests them. So my safe way out got me $55 for two iPhones. I thought the hassle free was the way to go for me, but like everything else; buyer beware!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.