Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHavequestions

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
My girlfriend wants to get me something for my birthday and I'm trying to pick something cool for $100. Any ideas?

ngocnguyen

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
hard question to answer..depends on her lifestyle...is she a music junkie? musician? outdoorsy? athlete? biker? shopaholic? prissy and materialistic? low maintenance tomboy?

All of these should help you determine what type of accessory you can buy for her...so many products out there for $100 for under $100. What you think is a cool gadget may not be for her.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
hard question to answer..depends on her lifestyle...is she a music junkie? musician? outdoorsy? athlete? biker? shopaholic? prissy and materialistic? low maintenance tomboy?

All of these should help you determine what type of accessory you can buy for her...so many products out there for $100 for under $100. What you think is a cool gadget may not be for her.

The gift is for the OP, she wants to buy it for him.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
What's the best accessory you can get for $100?

Op if you can't figure it out ask for a visa gift card and get what you want at a later time or save up for something expensive.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Re read the OP's post. His GF wants to get him a 100$ accessory.

lol, gotcha.

I was going to say: this man won't have a gf for long. :)

I think $100 is way too much for an iphone accessory, personally. Unless you really wanted that Element Case, or some equally expensive case, I don't see the point.

I'd rather take the cash, and use it to bring down the cost of an ipad.

Or if you don't have a nice laptop bag, get one. I bought one that is TSA-friendly and it has been a lifesaver for traveling. One of the best accessories that I have purchased for $80 + tax. I think it was called Level 8 or something. They had it at the Apple store and online I believe.

TribeFan1

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
The iTunes card sounds great. Depending on your media habits Apple TV would be cool. Coveroo has some sweet cases you can get customized so that is worth a look

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.