What's the Best Android Phone You Can Use on At&t?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by klamse25, May 27, 2010.

1. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Any new ones coming out? Any ones on the market as of today? The reason why I ask is because I want to see the competition that's out there for my favorite phone, the iPhone of course!

2. phrint macrumors 6502

As of right now it would be the Nexus One. The Backflip is a horrid Android device.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, the Nexus One is the best for at&t. Not that there is a big selection of Android devices to choose from.:(

4. klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Can't you use a Motorola Milestone if you unlock it? Isn't it basically a GSM version of the Moto Droid?

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't know that much about the Milestone. Check to make sure that it has the proper 3G frequencies to work on at&t. Even if it does, I would take the Nexus One over the Milestone.

6. idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

if i have to choose, ill take the nexus because its made by google so you'll be able to update the OS as soon as google revise them

7. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; Nexus One Build/FRF50) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

As others have said, The at&t N1 or the Canadian Telus/Rogers Milestone are the best.
    The Milestone would be an expensive purchase and the N1 would be unsubsidised. Hardly ideal if you're after a cheap smartphone.

8. Justinf79 macrumors 6502

Justinf79

I believe the Samsung Galaxy S is coming to AT&T this summer. (And possibly T-Mo)

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As others have stated the Nexus is your best and realistically only choice at the moment.

I have the N1 and its good phone. Awesome screen, easily rootable. Nexus owners will get updates generally before anyone else, so that's a plus. Another plus for me is by purchasing an unlocked phone, I did not touch my contract and incur the higher ETF AT&T is imposing, nor is my expiration date extended.

10. Keleko macrumors 68000

Did they fix the touch screen flakiness I heard about in reviews on the Nexus 1? I heard it wasn't as responsive as the iPhone's.

11. cyclone84 macrumors regular

Samsung i897

It looks like at&t is going to get the Samsung i897

Not too many details, yet, but it may ship with an unskinned version of Android 2.1.

12. elephunkman macrumors 65816

No it's still not as responsive as the iPhone, but I think the reviews were referring to the touch-sensitive buttons that don't work because you just have to press a bit above them for them to activate.