What's the best combination of softwares for scientific research

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shdwkillr, Jul 16, 2009.

1. shdwkillr macrumors member

I will be doing my final year project soon.. Studying chemistry course and hence need to read a lot of journal articles soon.. Would like to ask what are the suitable softwares that are recommended to use to assist in my research? As far as I know I know of one which is Paper.

Need advice and help from you guys. Thanks.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Scientific research is a very broad phrase. The field of chemistry is almost as broad. What do you want to do?

As for journal articles, those will likely be in PDF format. Your Mac can handle PDF files out-of-the-box via the Preview app.

If you know what you need to do with your software, then you should be able to find everything that you need on the Macs in Chemistry website.

3. shdwkillr thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, to make the topic narrower, I am referring to the software where you can handle journal articles (pdf files) easier and more organized, besides Paper.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You could try something like Devonthink, but honestly I don't see the advantages of using a program like that over just organizing things in the Finder.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The name of the app that you like is not Paper, it is Papers. Yep is a shareware PDF organizer.