What's the best email service for sending out emails to thousands of subscribers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jade Cambell, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Jade Cambell macrumors 6502

I've been using mybizkit.com to send out a monthly newsletter to my subscribers, but it's not a very good program, and i'm looking for something better. All I need is a simple way to send an email out to 1500+ people at once. I'm sure many of you have experience with this sort of thing. Can you recommend the simplest, most efficient service out there?

Thanks

2. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

3. Jade Cambell thread starter macrumors 6502

How does that work?

4. sndcj1 macrumors member

Well, basically all you have to do is send it to yourself, and BCC all your clients. I don't know what the limit on BCC is, but the downside is some junk filters will not allow BCC mail through. As far as your newsletter receivers are concerned, they somehow received an email addressed to you, and can not see the distribution list. To enable BCC in Mail, next to the send account in a new message, you can select "Bcc address field". Personally, I think this is about the most impersonal way to receive a newsletter, but functionally, it should work.

5. Jade Cambell thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I noticed too that I can ONLY put addresses in the bcc field, and when people receive it, it'll say "to: undisclosed recipients".

Thanks again! :)

6. peejer macrumors member

7. reubs macrumors 68000

I've never used Mail for anything other than regular old e mail. Will it do for me what Constant Contact does, or is that the best thing out there?