Whats The Best Price On The Web For The New Macbook Aluminum?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jaden100, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Jaden100 macrumors newbie

I really want this notebook but theres no way im spending around $1300-$1400 for it. My budget is $1000 and im a student, so thats still alot for me but im willing to pay it. Are there any deals on the web right now for the new Macbook Aluminum not the old Macbook? Thanks!!!

2. asphyxiafeeling macrumors regular

asphyxiafeeling

new apple products don't get cheap.

the best deal you will find on the alu macbook is refurb or student discount, 50-100 dollars off.

if you really have a stiff budget of $1000 i'd consider a PC notebook. you can get a great one for that much.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

wait until the aluminum MB goes refurbished on the Apple Online Store.

4. Jaden100 thread starter macrumors newbie

How much will it be around then? And how much longer roughly do you think they will be up? Thanks!!!

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...current gen mac products usually go for about ~15% off retail in the refurb store...not a lot off but it helps...

6. Jaden100 thread starter macrumors newbie

I really hope its worth buying one. I just bought a Toshiba Satallite PC and its pretty good but im just so sick of PCs now. I really wanna switch over to Mac. But the cost is really an issue, there so damn expensive lol. But i think it would be worth it because of its pretty good graphics card, even though i dont play games, its still nice to have if i start to eventually, and i heard its really good. And also because i know Macs dont update often so thats really good. Theres like 100 new PCs that come out every few months and new chips n what not. So i think it would be a good investment as i want it to last me at least 3 4 years. The screens also kinda a concern, they look pretty small, not too small but still, how are they? Did you guys get used to it? Are they good to watch movies on also? Thanks!!!

7. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

If the screen is a big deal with you then don't buy a previous or current Macbook. Apple doesn't put good screens in their reg. Macbooks. They are decent at best. There are tons of articles about it. This is my biggest problem with Apple. You pay a premium and get a below average screen. Don't take my word for it. Check out numerous sites talking about it or just do a search here.

8. munckee macrumors 65816

They don't get REALLY cheap, but you can find them for less than you'd pay Apple directly. MacConnection.com was advertising them at $1219 a few weeks ago. I think a couple other online retailers had them for similar prices (mostly after mail-in rebates). But take that and the whole "tax thing" into consideration and its a couple hundred bucks in your pocket...

9. Jaden100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, they have the new MBP on there for $1430 with a printer, carrying case, etc etc. Is that a typo or something? When i click on Buy Now it takes me to a page where i can choose from a bunch of them but they start at lke $1850, wtf lol?

10. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Craigslist....Marco can sell you one for five hundred bucks out of the back of his car. Just go to 2nd street, park in the alley, and bring a lot of cash. :p

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Those are prices after mail in rebates.

12. Jaden100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Id be happy with getting rebats back. Can u get me a link to buy this please?

13. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Jeez- munckee gave you the site 3-4 posts up.

14. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

use buy it now on ebay and get 25% back through live.com!

15. Jaden100 thread starter macrumors newbie

It works but when i go to buy it, it shows a bunch of other Pros for different prices!!!

I thought it was 15%? Its 25 now?

16. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

If that happens I would recommend Alienware. I have seen $80 off online. Try Amazon or MacMall... good luck!

17. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Go for an older one for $850 at Apple's Refurb Store. It got a waranty and is less than $1000 after taxes, as well as you get a free printer too. As awesome as it would be to have a unibody one, sometimes you can only go with what you can get.

18. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Yep, Just got Apple TV w/ 25% off on Monday

19. darshan macrumors member

alot of you have mentioned that the screens for macbooks are relatively less superior when compared to mackbook pro...

can anyone post a link to the thread where i can find this discussion... i tried looking but was unseccessful...

btw what is the major difference in the

MBP (older gen) vs new alu macbook

keep that in consideraton which is a better buy in terms of screen... i saw a macbook pro 2.4 version for 1349 USD (refurb)

dou think thats a good buy? n again dont forget the screen

20. munckee macrumors 65816