whats the best thing for me to do...with my virgin 1.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newkid79, Oct 13, 2007.

1. newkid79 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Have a new virgin 1.0.2 4gb iphone in hand and am contemplating what my course of action will be.

would it be ideal to do the OLD 1.0.2 unlock with anysim/pacay?

or

wait for the (GUI)1.1.1 free unlock solution...upgrade my phone to 1.1.1 and do the unlock that way? or am i in a better position with my virgin 1.0.2 on here.

i'm just a little confused because all of the talk discusses bringing 1.1.1 back to 1.0.2 and unlocking/activating that way.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I would wait for the GUI unlock...or even have a go with the 1.1.1 non-GUI method...

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Keep it locked, at least for now, Apple may well announce some new stuff with Leopard. I think they are only keeping it locked against applications while they have the firmware in flux, once it settles down authorised third parties will start making applications for it.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Seems like an obvious answer, unlock now if you need it unlocked now.

5. DanBUK macrumors regular

@NewKid:
    It depends, do you have $60 to spend?

If not, either wait for GUI 1.1.1 jailbreak and Anysim (by the devteam geniuses) or have a go at the tricky but not impossible version out now on modmyiphone and the in iNdependence wiki.

If you do have $60 then get your 1.0.2 go to http://www.freeouriphones.com/MacTutorial.html and jailbreak, buy the iPhoneSimFree unlock, upgrade and rejailbreak- feedback on howardforums suggests it works with not much tech knowledge required. (this is what I am doing when my 1.0.2 gets delivered today. I will post my progress).

Hope this helps, Dan