What's the best type of iPhone cover to buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dreamer41, Aug 26, 2010.

1. dreamer41 macrumors newbie

I just bought the brand new 32GB iPhone 3G S and I would really rather not damage it any time soon. So what’s the best type of iPhone cover to buy?

2. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Any answer to this is EXTREMELY subjective. Whether it be function or style a lot of it is personal preference.

If you really think your phone will be in rough situations you could consider the Otterbox defender but personally I hated it and returned it the next day. It felt more like a child's toy than an iPhone.

The case I had for my iPhone 3GS was the PDO Silk Slider. It is $20 on their site, I have not looked around to see if it is cheaper elsewhere. The feel is very nice, but hard to describe. It feels slightly soft but it is still obviously hard plastic. I dropped the thing several times onto the sidewalk and my phone was always fine. The colors are very nice, got a lot of compliments on my blue one. :)

Also I noticed you just made a thread asking about the differences between 4 and 3GS. Personally I think it is well worth it to get the iPhone 4 instead of 3GS. What led to your decision?