Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerZey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
I currently have an iPhone 4, I need to back up my pics ASAP. Any suggestions ? I can use either my comp or the iPad but I'm not too familiar with the photos.

aidogz

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I currently have an iPhone 4, I need to back up my pics ASAP. Any suggestions ? I can use either my comp or the iPad but I'm not too familiar with the photos.

If you've got iOS5 on both the iPad and iPhone than you should be able to get Photo Stream working.

But before that, I always found the best way was to just make sure all my iPhone pictures were in a folder on my PC. You just drag and drop them manually through iTunes, without a Mac there isn't really a better way to do it. Still, it's a pretty efficient way and it's reliable (if you trust storing data on your PC) :)

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
ASAP would be plugging it into your computer and drilling down to the photo directory. Drag to a folder on your computer.

I've enabled photostreaming and installed the iCloud program on my PC. On install it asked where you want to put your photos and such.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
dropbox now will backup your photos - it works really well- in my opinion it works better than the icloud and works great with pc / ipad / iphone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.