What's the best way to figure out how much the iPhone 4 will cost?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbjectEvolution, Jun 20, 2010.

1. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I'm eligible for the $299 32g iPhone 4. I was wondering how I can figure out how much the total will be after taxes and any fees?

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

calculators work good.:D

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

A calculator? $299(1+x)+$18 where x is your area's tax rate expressed as a decimal.

4. AbjectEvolution thread starter macrumors 6502

Well what's the average for most places? $20? And there won't be any fees, just the phone cost and the tax?

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Look up your state sales tax in google. If you are in CA, RI, or MA they'll tax you on the unsubsidized price. The $18 fee will show up on your first AT&T bill.

6. KingHuds macrumors 6502

If you can't calculate simple tax costs I don't think buying an iPhone is a good financial decision for you.

7. XAF macrumors newbie

Guys, AbjectEvolution is just looking for a solid estimate. He can calculate taxes, his question was regarding the fees which are pretty arcane and nebulous. Geez, you're a bunch of stuck up jerks with your comments, which make newbies want to stay away lest they come in with questions that are beneath you. Some people need to get a life and be a little nicer.

8. masterlimp macrumors member

If he cannot do something as simple as add tax, then he has a real problem.

OP, just add the iPhone to your cart on any site and it should tell you the cost. Or tell us what state you live in.

9. emaja macrumors 68000

Not really. It's a silly question. How do we know what his local taxes are - and why should we? It's like all those "OMG Life altering decision - WHITE OR BLACK" threads we get around these times.

Cost + tax + $18 = total cost. The fees have been posted all over here.

Sheesh.

10. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

AT&T told me that they waved my activation fee, so not everyone will have that +$18...