What's the best way to try and score a Pencil right now?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by evrard, Jan 11, 2016.

1. evrard macrumors regular

evrard

Are people still finding them showing up in retail stores?

2. evrard thread starter macrumors regular

evrard

3. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

No problem dude. I waited around for weeks for Apple to finally get some in stock and almost lost hope. Then one day someone suggested Walmart and I checked it out and they had some in stock. Ordered one and got it next day shipping. Was kind of a mind fu**** waiting for Apple for so long and then seeing other people have had them in stock for quite awhile and I just wasn't checking. Was also able to snag a smart keyboard with next day shipping too

4. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Buying from Walmart at $112.71 is like paying for expensive shipping in addition. Bought mine from VerizonWireless for 99.97 and got free shipping for 2-day Fed-Ex delivery. Verizon has it in stock. If you aren't a VerizonWireless customer you can check out as a guest.

Apart from charging above Apple's MSRP, Walmart refuses to do Apple Pay and are going with their own less secure payment system. We shop there on occasion and they don't even have pin and chip.

5. Cebu macrumors newbie

I've had the IPP for less than a week and was so impatient I purchased a Pencil used from a CL seller at the same cost of a new one. I lucked out as mine was mint and in working order. They're reasonably priced ones out there but as always you have to exercise caution.

6. pedregosa macrumors member

I ordered online from Verizon today. I'm not a Verizon customer, but read elsewhere on these boards that they had them. They were offering it for the regular price (unlike Walmart) with a special 2-day free shipping offer. I placed the order mid-morning and have got the FedEx tracking number -- it's due for Wednesday delivery.