what's the best websites for buying computer stuff ?

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
hey mac addicts...i wanted to know suggestions on the best sites for everything mac besides apple of course!--the ones i know are : macmall,amazon,b&h,tigerdirect,shopzilla,vat19....am i missing some??:confused:

Big Boss Man

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
I've had good experiences with Amazon, Macmall, and Newegg. I will probably do business with all of them again at some point.

Comment

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
Newegg - good prices and awesome customer service.

Amazon - good and dependable, prices may not be as good, but still good.

If you're adventurous, eBay - I buy lots of stuff on eBay and have had mixed results. If you pay with PayPal and buy from a reputable seller, there's little to worry about.

Comment

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
Newegg - good prices and awesome customer service.

Amazon - good and dependable, prices may not be as good, but still good.

If you're adventurous, eBay - I buy lots of stuff on eBay and have had mixed results. If you pay with PayPal and buy from a reputable seller, there's little to worry about.
funny you say that cause for some reason i do not like ebay,their set up is weird and im not into bidding,amazon is better than ebay

Comment

psingh01

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
I used to go to pricewatch.com and always found newegg.com to have the best prices. Just go there. For mac specific stuff I go to macsales.com.

Comment

panthro

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2009
Sites to buy

I will in any site what:
-Have a simple set of guarantees, where you can get your money back with assurance. No in-store refund (by example: the refund must to be used inside the store)
-Good prices(real market value, no hidden fees)
-Have the choice to see the real products
-Can buy with a choice of paying options (COD, Money Order, Paypal if you feel daredevil).
-No intermediate, moderators and so on. Just you and me (store), with a set of rules clearly established.
-Stores near you or with a physical presence easy to check.

So, my recomendations goes to:

OWC, MacWarehouse,PowerMax (albeit expensive), eBay (with all the reserves!)
And my AVOID goes to:
Apple (overly excesive!), LEM Swap and associated websites (too much hassle/moderation), craiglist with paypal and eBay with paypal. Paypal can not sustain your claim if the seller can prove he or she had sent the item, because Paypal only protects against NO SHIPPING.
:cool:

Comment

acurafan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
monoprice.com

recently picked up 2,000-feet of cat6 bulk and 800-feet of fiber, best site for accessory parts. we use their minidisplay converters on my macs.

Comment

panthro

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2009
You are welcome...!

You are welcome...only buy with discretion and report back. Sucess in your holiday computer shopping!:cool:

Comment

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I try not to buy anything from Newegg just because they charge me tax (cali) so what's the point of shopping online..

But yeah sometimes they have good prices.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.