What's the chance of getting one that ships for launch day?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TheDeviceUser, Apr 9, 2015.

1. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

Forgive me, but I'm fairly new to preorders as they go live. Although I did it with the iPad Air 2, that wasn't a big launch and I ordered 20 mins after they went live and got mine on the following Friday.

However, for Apple Watch, with interest being so high, do you think there's much of a chance of getting the one I want? I'd like a 42mm Apple Watch Sport with White Sport Band.

I have to say, I feel nervous.

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I think if you order a Sport or one of the cheaper Watch models tonight, you'll be all set for the 24th.

3. sterl320 macrumors 6502

Since there are so many options that probably all has their own set inventory, & the fact that its first gen and not epic-ly popular, unlike some recent iPhone pre-orders, I'd say chances are pretty good. It just depends on which one you're going for.

4. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I'd say you have a good shot of getting it on launch if you order within the first 3 minutes of pre-order. If you were getting the 42mm Space Gray, you'd pr have to order within the first 30 seconds to get that on, as demand is much higher.

5. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I am so sick of this type of question. NO ONE KNOWS for another 2 hours

6. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

That sounds good! :) Thanks for the quick response.

----------

Any need for that kind of comment? I was asking about experience of past launches and what demand is like?

7. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I'm sure if you charge $10-17K to your card, you'll get the Edition by the 24th. Count on signing delivery, though.

8. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I was really hoping I could just pre-sign for my Edition Watch! :(

/s

9. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha. Although the leaked times said 'May'. :eek:

That's kinds surprising, you'd think that if people have the money to spend, they'd get it when they want.

10. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

For some pre-order comparison, I was able to get the iPhone 6+ in the size and color I wanted despite refreshing like mad on both my computer and Apple Store app (and for those of you who preordered like myself, you remember the fiasco where Apple was extremely late reopening the store for over an hour, and even after that it took another hour to order because the store was so slammed with traffic). I don't think the demand will be nearly as high as the iPhone preorder, so we should be fine.

11. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

It is hard to compare from device to device due to the variance in materials, stock, logistics, etc.

What I can say is that in most cases orders that happen right at the 12:01 mark of the pre-order period tend to get filled on launch day as long as you're not buying an outlier model (128GB iPhone 6+, 128GB Gold iPad Air 2, etc). I'm guessing the same will be true tonight.

12. nhalford macrumors newbie

What do people think about the chance of getting a 42mm space black SS with link bracelet on launch day?

13. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right, that actually fills me with confidence. So basically, we could say to the equivalence of iPhones, Sport's, or cheaper Stainless Steel's are the 16-64GB Space Grey models of iPhones.

14. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

No one knows.

15. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Really? I was thinking the opposite. More people seem to be wanting the Sport/"the cheap one" so I figured their inventory would deplete quicker. Having said that though, I'm sure they'll probably make more of them than the regular.

16. iphone6fan macrumors regular

iphone6fan

Does anyone think that only select models will be available for delivery on the 24th?

17. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

In the USA, probably not. In other countries, yeah, I could see select availability.

18. vanimal macrumors 6502a

SOOOOO Lets get this right the first time for me, with the whole iPhone 6 plus bullcrap. Luckily i still got mine like 2 weeks later after.

Order from the Phone "apple store" app.

Or apple.com

Its seems the apple store app was more successful with the phone. Rather than the site. :rolleyes:

19. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I think all countries will have the same limited availability. Sure supply numbers might be different but the selection will be the same.

20. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

It almost always is for some reason. I would love to use the app this time around but I have a gift card - which you can't use on the app...

21. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

And what does any other product have to do with this one? No one who knows is (or has been) saying. We will know in 45 minutes now. Of course we are all hoping they made a million of everything and can ship 5 million things the first day BUT no one knows how many they made of anything.

They claim the SS Link takes several hours to make each one and all of the Leather for the Classic Leather is made in one factory in the Netherlands. Seems like they are creating expectations that some bands are going to be hard to get.

HOPEFULLY the US will have the best supply (sorry everyone else). I hope each country has its own servers for sales.