What's the chances of getting my bill lowered? :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by California King, Jun 27, 2010.

1. California King macrumors 65816

I know a lot of companies will give you a discount under certain conditions such as leaving for a competitor, for example. Since I'm a new AT&T member, when do you think is the earliest they will offer me SOME sort of discount if I plan on canceling their service? I signed up for one of their lowest plans and it came out to be $59.99 a month, but after taxes, it's almost $80. I was already on the fence at $60, but $80 is really pushing it. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll just go back to T-Mobile once an JB/unlock comes out...whenever that is :/

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

at&t has no real competitors when it comes to the iPhone so what do you expect?

3. tnisatard macrumors 6502

AT&T pulled 600,000 preorders alone for the iphone, plus more to come

i dont think they really care if you leave, only tmobile really offers you discounts to stay and also maybe sprint

i remember on tmobile, i was able to get them to give me unlimited family text for $10 and also unlimited internet (edge only) for $6 because i threaten to leave :D i miss that too

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why would they lower your bill?
    Thats what everyone is paying on AT&T.
    Everyone knows that $59.99 per month and all plan prices are without taxes.
    If you think they will cut down your monthly premium by complaining that you will leave give it a try and see how far you get. They will just tell you to pay the ETF and leave.
    If you cant afford it you shouldnt have got into it.
    Why do you feel you deserve a discount?
    Switch to metroPCS or cricket.

5. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

lol, but it's the iPHONE!!! :eek:

To be honest though, I planned on paying the ETF when I preordered the phone, but now that I've been using it, I really enjoy everything the iPhone has to offer and would be fine paying ~$65-$70 max. I had no idea taxes were so high since I was originally on a prepaid plan :/

6. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

The cheapest plan is 39.99. Also do you have texting? You are an iPhone user I assume? Att doesn't go around applying monthly discounts lol if you have been with them for years and stuff it's possible to maybe score an extra early upgrade, phones at cheaper prices, or maybe even a one time credit to your bill.

But aside from that, your well aware of the price and you agreed to it. I should call my car place and see if they will lower my payments because I'm thinking about buying a different brand car  come on people.

Everyone always wants something for nothing. Just sign up, pay your bill, move on.

7. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, you make really good points. I guess I'll just see how much I like the iPhone and decide from there. It's really nice though...then again, my mind changes a lot :rolleyes:

8. outphase macrumors 65816

With the ETF at $325, I don't think they will care if you are threatening to leave.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You know what they call that right?
    Bipolar disorder :D

10. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

I'm so amazed with this iPhone 4. I have had an iPhone since June 29th 2007. And I owned a 3G the following year.

I skipped the 3Gs last year, and wow the upgrade was amazing. The screen is the most amazing thing ever. I'm using my phone now to type this and browse the forum.

And usually for forums I find my laptop better because it's easier to read on. But not now, it's much more pleasant for me to do this on my iPhone now!

11. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

So what you're telling us is you can afford $60 a month but not $80, but you are also willing to pay a $325 early term fee?

Perhaps you're playing out of your means or you're jut totally clueless?

12. hushmartin macrumors 6502

:mad: Seriously, that is not cool. Making fun of mental illness is not funny. Also, do you have a flipping clue what Bi-polar disorder is? It's not indecisiveness.