What's the coolest thing you've done with your phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bid2ask77, Dec 13, 2010.

1. bid2ask77 macrumors regular

bid2ask77

What is the coolest thing you've done with your iphone. Something that makes you just love your iphone.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Paid all of my bills and booked airfare/hotel accommodations for an upcoming trip all while on the toilet :D

3. weirdlilwoman macrumors member

Okay, that was something I could have lived the rest of my life and been perfectly happy to not have known. :D

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Viva la iPhone :D

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Many times I've been traveling and hit a cancelled flight. Even with upgraded status, this often puts you in a position of having to scramble to find an alternative flight as you sometimes need to switch airlines to get to your destination.

More than once, I've found myself standing in line at the American ticket counter, on the phone with United Global Services -AND- using Orbitz or Expedia all in a race to see which way gets me on an appropriate flight the fastest. It's never been a clear winner one or or the other but the ability to cover all three of my bets simultaneously remains one of the coolest uses of my iPhone to date. With my older blackberries, I could typically only cover 2 of those three venues simultaneously.

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I love the Xfinity TV App and the fact that I can change the channel with my phone since we lost the cable remote :D

7. seajay96 macrumors 6502

Used it daily as a navigator, tour guide, camera, restaurant researcher and email/facebook client during a week on vacation in London.

8. jeffmorr macrumors member

Truly multitasked, created a WiFi hotspot for my iPad, got Angry Birds for free, checked FaceBook and Twitter updates on my homescreen, etc. All without a single hack!

Android ftw

9. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I watched the Apprentice live when I was on a train :D

10. jthomp macrumors regular

Really? My Comcast/Xfinity app seemed to be a little lacking when I first tried it.. maybe it's time to give it another shot...

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

They've done a couple of updates to the app. At 1st I couldn't get the guide for my area appear and they finally fixed it. It's good to go now.

12. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

This seems like old hat now, but I got my first iPhone as a birthday present several years ago. Smart phones were not as common then.
    That first evening it was activated, my girlfriend and I took a drive to Santa Barbara. We decided to go for dinner, and I was able to look up restaurants, read reviews, get directions, see where the nearest ATM's were, find a good winery, book a hotel room, take photos as we toured the area and post them online. We kept in touch with people by text and had a little mini vacation made a lot smoother with one simple device that did an amazing job of seemingly everything!
    I've done a lot more complicated things with the iPhone since then, but that very first time using it in this way made me realize what a game changing device the iPhone really was and still is!

13. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

that didn't drop.

14. Shark131 macrumors member

Doesn't angry birds have ads on android? Holy hell you didn't spend $0.99. I never knew that was so much money.

15. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Truly multitasked - wow we both open an app and are right where we left off but yours continues to run and uses more battery!!!

Wifi Hotspot - which I assume you pay monthly for....

Free Angry Birds - enjoy those ads and dont spend that 99 cents you saved all in one place!!!!

16. ianray macrumors 6502

17. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Certainly, or making money from Apps :D :D

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Face Time with my wife as she visited her sick mother in the hospital.

19. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Adding the GameBoy Color Emulator. Pokemon never gets old.

20. JASApplications macrumors 65816

lol!

21. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Touching. And yet another perfect example where FaceTime pulls off a minor miracle that just wouldn't have been practical with ordinary webcams.

Oh and speaking of Xfinity....

A VERY recent update to the AT&T Uverse iPhone app gave me the ability to subscribe, download and watch episodes of some programs right on my iPhone. I'd already used the app several times to set recordings on my DVR when I was away and forgot to do so at home. But if they expand this feature to someday letting me watch episodes on my iPhone AND my DVR? Nirvana....no Slingbox needed.

IP-based Television is a wonderful thing!

22. QuarterSwede, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

For me it's probably been being able to FaceTime with my wife and son while working nights. That was awesome.
    One of the coolest things I use daily is streaming Pandora or the TWiT podcasts (some live) while driving around town.

23. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I've done that, AND used my Xfinity app to change the channel and NO ONE knew what was happening....

24. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I never understand why Android people say true multitasking, why do you Want a game that you're not playing running in the background. No wonder the battery life on most Android phones suck. Another thing too I open over 60 apps on my iPhone just to see if it would slow down, not one bit can't do that on any Android phones.

With Andriod theres an app that allows you to get rid of ads which is good for the user but for the developer If I was a developer I'd be pissed about that.