What's the deal with the battery usage statistics?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikegoldnj, Oct 22, 2012.

1. mikegoldnj macrumors regular

Why are my usage statistics not resetting after charging back to 100% overnight?

Left the phone (powered down) on the charger all night. Woke up and took it off the charger and it was at 100%.

Time since last full charge still showed usage and standby data from previous day and showed that, "iPhone has been plugged in since last full charge."

Am I supposed to run it completely to 0% before charging to get a reset of the stats?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

That's indeed odd. Is this the first time it's happened like this? Have you tried turning your iPhone OFF using the slide and then turning it back ON to see if it makes a difference?

Mine resets every time I unplug with a full charge.

3. mikegoldnj thread starter macrumors regular

I turn it off every night.

Last night I did a reset (power and home button) and it zeroed out the stats.

This morning, once again, phone was charged to 100% yet I get a message that statistics will be available the next time phone is fully charged.

Is 100% NOT fully charged?

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Tonite try just letting it Sleep while plugged in instead of turning OFF. Then use tomorrow as usual and repeat Sleep tomorrow nite. Turning it OFF every nite might be interfering with the calibration cycle. You don't need to turn the iPhone OFF every nite. If you're worried about being disturbed at nite, use Do Not Disturb setting.

After a couple of days of use without turning the iPhone OFF, post your results here. I'm interested in how things progress. You didn't mention if this your first iPhone.

FWIW, I only turn my iPhones OFF once a week (and then immediately back ON) and that's only to make sure my cell signal is the best I can grab.

5. mikegoldnj thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

My first iPhone since I sold my original iPhone back in 2008.