what's the deal with the iphone 3GS warranty date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caligurl, Jul 31, 2009.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

we all know that the iphone 3GS wasn't even available until the 19th of june.... yet when i check the dates for warranty it shows june 16???? uhm.... NO, apple.... you KNOW we didn't get these until at least the 19th! granted it's only 3 days.... but the laws of average say something will happen june 17, 2010 and they'll try to claim i'm out of warranty...

i've emailed them per their site AND brought it up on the phone and still it says the 16th... :mad:

(rant over)

TGIF

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I guess dont worry about it until June 17th, your iPhone breaks, and you can raise hell with Apple Care/ Support/ "Genius."

Butthead.

3. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

MOD!!!!!!!!! MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! personal attack! :p heh heh! :p

ya.... well.... and i do plan to get apple care if i don't get the new iphone next year (not sure i want to do the whole sell them on ebay, etc... but have a whole year to worry about that!)

but i just wanted to gripe about it cuz it does kind of bug me!!!!!!!!!!

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Yeah, it can be kind of annoying, I agree. I'll probably sell mine before then anyways. I've got another upgrade coming soon so Ill save it until next year.

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It should track your purchase date. If you preordered, it would have shipped before 6/19, so it would show a purchase date on or before the date of shipment (usually would be the same day). My shipment notice came on the 16th and my warranty shows expiration on 6/16/10.

6. qawsed macrumors regular

That date online is an estimate. Your warranty starts on the day of purchase which you can proove with a receipt.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Do people get some kind of catharsis when ranting, by addressing a corporate entity in their forum posts as if it were a dog that had an accident on the carpet?

Relax. Keep your receipt. It is your proof of purchase, and will serve as evidence that indeed, you have 3 days more on your warranty than Apple (bad dog!) thinks you have.