Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperDuperMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2019
I see the option when changing Siri’s language in settings to either Siri U.S. or Siri Mexico. (Siri Chile is also an option but not needed for this particular situation)

I want to set up Siri for my grandpa and I don’t know which to use. He lives in California with me for the past 10 years but he lived in Mexico for 29 years prior.

whoisyourdaddy

Suspended
Oct 2, 2018
I see the option when changing Siri’s language in settings to either Siri U.S. or Siri Mexico. (Siri Chile is also an option but not needed for this particular situation)

I want to set up Siri for my grandpa and I don’t know which to use. He lives in California with me for the past 10 years but he lived in Mexico for 29 years prior.

I would wager similar to the differences between English (US), English (UK), English (AU), and English (Insert Country). You'll know the difference if it's your primary language.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
I would wager similar to the differences between English (US), English (UK), English (AU), and English (Insert Country). You'll know the difference if it's your primary language.

It used to annoy me that Apple listed "English" as the default language and "British English" as an option as if British English was some variation of American.:rolleyes:

Happily they have now corrected to English UK and English US :)

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Not sure the difference here. I know for Latin America the pronunciation is a bit different and certain words are different. For example habichuelas roja are kidney beans in latin america where in mexico beans are frijoles

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.