What's the earliest time they'll attempt to deliver on the 24th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fckdroid, Jun 18, 2010.

1. fckdroid macrumors newbie

maybe someone has a clue about this from having an ipad or gs delivered on a release date?

Are UPS/Fedex going by the usual delivery hours for "overnight" shipping? Or does apple have some sort of arrangement with them?

Need to know if I have to get to work earlier since I'm having it sent there.
    thx.

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Most of my iPods have arrived around 10 am or so.

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

You're sending it to work... isn't there someone in the office that accepts shipments on behalf of people?

4. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

It really depends on the location. For example my house is out in the middle of nowhere so most of the things I order don't get here until about 5:00pm-5:30pm, however; you can see ^^^^^^ that others have gotten things as early as 10:00am.

5. bub macrumors member

Does FedEx work the same way as UPS? I know UPS tends to separate deliveries - offices get deliveries first, then home deliveries get delivered later in the afternoon.

6. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I've had FexEx come as early as 7:30 at my place. ;)

7. elephunkman macrumors 65816

For me FedEx comes around 10am and UPS comes around 4-5PM.

8. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

9. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Last year they came by at 730-8am. Really early. Kinda sweet. :)

10. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

Chances are, since it is a normal weekday, you will get your phone around the same time you always receive a shipment from FedEx or UPS. Both of those companies have shipping routes that they follow everyday, they might have a bit more volume with all the iPhones, but in the mass scale that those companies do shipping, not much will change. Given that you are having it sent to a business, normally both carriers prioritized business shipments. FedEx sends out separate routes, while UPS just does businesses on the way out, and homes on the way back. At least that is how it is where I am.

For example, FedEx is down the street from me, so I almost always get my shipments from them around 9-10 AM, UPS is also down the street from me, but like I stated before, home shipments are on the way back, so I almost always get shipments from them in the late Afternoon. If I know I am getting something UPS, I have it shipped to my moms school down the street because of that. ;) Thats how it was for my 3GS last year, I don't expect anything different. :D Hopefully for my sake Apple uses FedEx again, the iPad with UPS scared the crap out of me, but UPS didn't have much volume on Sunday, so I got mine ~11 that day.

11. StephenRzucidlo macrumors member

last year for the 3gs iphone i got mine around 8:45am eastern time