what's the easiest way to upgrade a jailbroken iphone to new iOS?

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Being able to keep all the apps, apps data and cydia installations intact?

Or is the only way to do it is by reinstalling every cydia app one by one?

i'm also using iCloud as backup.. should i switch it to having the backup be done via itunes?

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer
Being able to keep all the apps, apps data and cydia installations intact?

Or is the only way to do it is by reinstalling every cydia app one by one?

i'm also using iCloud as backup.. should i switch it to having the backup be done via itunes?
1. Backup to itunes for your apple stuff

2. Use Datadeposit from cydia to backup app data to dropbox OR iexplorer to manually save your app data via your computer.

3. Use pkgbackup or xbackup or open backup, or one of the many to backup your cydia stuff. Note, afaik (I've only used pkgbackup) it does not backup the present version of a cydia app that you have, but rather downloads the newest version that is available; so it does not work like itunes.

I hope I am wrong...but I don't think I am.

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
1. Backup to itunes for your apple stuff

2. Use Datadeposit from cydia to backup app data to dropbox OR iexplorer to manually save your app data via your computer.

3. Use pkgbackup or xbackup or open backup, or one of the many to backup your cydia stuff. Note, afaik (I've only used pkgbackup) it does not backup the present version of a cydia app that you have, but rather downloads the newest version that is available; so it does not work like itunes.

I hope I am wrong...but I don't think I am.
U mean u hope u r right??

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Easiest way to save all the App Store app's data is to use AppBackup from the BigBoss repo