What's the future of iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Apple mentioned that iPhone 5s had a "desktop class CPU". Do you think iPhone and iPad will eventually replace the Macbooks?

Eventually, in a few years iPhone will be as powerful as current Macbooks and Apple will have to take it somewhere.

2. 617aircav Suspended

and wont those macbooks become more powerful as well?

3. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

They will, but for general consumers it won't matter that much because after a certain point the power is just "good enough". iPhone on the other hand will be at a point of being able to run a full desktop OS.

4. d-isanity macrumors newbie

By saying "desktop class cpu" it sounds to me like a marketing ploy. Everything at this stage is all relative. It could mean its the lowest end desktop cpu performance and Apple still classifys it as desktop cpu class.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

It is a marketing ploy. No way can an iPhone do what Macs can do, not even 5 years from now.

Desktop-class architecture is referring to the 64-bit chip, but no way is it saying its as powerful as the Macs.

The future of the iPhone is that it will become more and more like a computer, but no way is it replacing them.

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

The iPhone and iPad will never replace MacBooks. I don't see either device handling Lightroom and Photoshop software that I use on a daily basis to process my huge DSLR files.

7. Stalyn macrumors regular

In reality who cares. Just live the moment and stop thinking about the future. Remember, there is nobody at Palo Alto headquarters thinking about you.