What's the last album/album's you bought?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by spoon man, Mar 23, 2008.

1. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

Here are the last load of albums that i bought this month thanks to Amazon :).

1994-2006 Choas Years-Strapping Young Lad
    I'm still awating for this album to be deliverd :(

Around the Fur-Deftones
    Pretty Good album some realy key tracks on it

Famous Monsters-Misfits
    Its a must hear if your a misfits fan they always blow me away

American Psycho-Misfits
    Again another great album :)

Team Sleep-Team Sleep
    Its one of the most relaxing album ive heard in a long while

Haunted Cities-transplants
    At 1st i was like im not likeing but it slowly worked its charms on me and now im constantly playing it.

Thats about it for this month lol

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I suddenly had a need over the last few days to listen to Descending Angel repeatedly. :p Excellent singalong car song. :D

The latest album I ordered was Ingrid Michaelson's LP... I should get it next week.

3. spoon man thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoon man

my fave misfits song is helena and dig up her bones.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

"Enjoy Eternal Bliss" by Yndi Halda
    "April" by Sun Kil Moon

Edit: I'll have a lot to add to this list when i get back from New Orleans on Saturday, I'll be loading up on jazz records :D

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Attached Files:

6. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Latest, hmmm let's see I think I'll list the ones I haven't yet listened to more than oh, 25 times :)

OK, here goes, from latest to earliest in the last month:

Amy Macdonald--This Is The Life. Surprisingly good--I had heard the first couple of songs on the radio and thought I'd give the whole thing a chance, mostly thinking it'd be one of those things where only the two songs you got on the radio are any good. But it isn't. all the songs are real good, both music and lyrics, I love her voice, and this is just an all around great record! I recommend this album!

Johnny Cash--The Best Of Sun Recordings. Neat! Lots of rock-'n-rollish things. The Wreck of the Old 97 is a favorite. It's weird how his voice doesn't sound as deep as in some of the later stuff, that I got to hear first! Oh hold on that's not really an album though is it, but a compilation? Ah well

James Blunt--All The Lost Souls. OK. I got it 'cause I liked his first, but this is less nice, some tracks I love, others I really can't be bothered with, but overall I wish he'd get rid of that corny '70s style production. his voice is kind of weird (in an interesting way) and original, and his tunes and lyrics are also nice enough that there's no need for the fussy trimmings. Ah well, I'll still buy the next one (probably)

The new Dropkick Murphys one--The Meanest Of Times. Haven't listened to all of it actually, 'cause I went and bought it in the vinyl edition, since I've been wanting to try out something of the stuff I really like in vinyl to see what all the enthusiasm is about. But then my folks' old, but excellent quality turntable had a problem, and I couldn't! Argh! What I did get to hear sounded pretty good though; usual Murphys fare but bloody good all the same.

7. bartelby macrumors Core

Last ones bought (including downloads from emusic)

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus. Dig!!!
    Bauhaus - Go Away White
    NIN - Ghosts I - IV
    Circle Jerks - Wild In The Streets
    Circle Jerks - Group Sex
    Steve Vai - Flexable
    Steve Vai - Flexable Leftovers
    Placebo - Meds

EDIT: Oh, and Merzbow - A Taste Of...

8. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Nice Artwork.

9. spoon man thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoon man

is nin-ghosts any good ?

10. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I bought it when it was released, I'm very pleased. Great instrumental music, it really does play like music to a dream which was their intent. Pick it up, especially since it's only $5.

11. Crossbone macrumors regular

Ditto. Thats and Sauls album has been the only two i have bought in a few months.
    Two Best albums of all time. period.

12. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

13. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Yesterday I bought:

[​IMG]*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ALL ON VINYL! :D

*already owned Endtroducing on CD.

14. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

is that an LP or a 45?

15. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

LP. I already have the single on vinyl anyway (passed down from my dad).

16. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Consolers Of The Lonely - The Raconteurs

[​IMG]

Just checked the iTunes Store and it was on the front page, I didn't realise they had a new album on the way :D

17. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Today I bought Pretty. Odd. by Panic at the Disco. I've been waiting a very long time for it. Right now its on that grow on me stage, the first album I loved right off the bat, sooo I don't know...I still really like some of the songs.
    And yesterday I bought the new album from The Hush Sound.
    Last week I bought Odd Couple by Gnarls Barkley A++:D.

Anyone prefer buying albums from Amazon? It feels really naughty using it for some reason..but I mean, a dollar less, unprotected, and 256kbps, I can't pass that up.

18. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

19. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

just got it.
    its really great.:D:eek:

20. Mistershark macrumors regular

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's "In Concert" CD as well as "Mystery White Boy" by Jeff Buckley. Tremendous stuff.

21. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I got a few in the mail:

Nick Cave "Dig Lazarus Dig - after a couple listens I'd have to say it is certainly not one of his better albums

Goldfrapp "Seventh Tree" - very very good. I think they did the right thing by not trying to copy the last couple albums

Killing Joke "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" - the new reissue that restores the original Chris Kimsey mixes...much better than the mixes on the original release

Also have a few more on the way:

Barry Adamson "Back to the Cat" - Really looking forward to this one, he's never disappointed me yet

Van der Graaf Generator "Trisector" - new studio album from the new trio version of the band. I've read some mixed reviews from the fans that have it already so I am not sure what to expect. I know it won't be like the 'glory days' of the 70's but I know they'll be at least a few songs that'll make it worth being in my collection

No-man "Schoolyard Ghosts" - Finally a new release from this duo of Tim Bowness and Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree and Blackfield)

Porcupine Tree "Lightbulb Sun[/b] - New remaster and reissue with some bonus cuts, and a 2-disc package of cd and 5.1 dvd-audio...can't wait to crank this one up.

and always more on the to buy list...never seems to get any shorter...oh yeah!

22. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Pretty. Odd. - Panic At The Disco
    From Under The Cork Tree - Fall Out Boy
    I Am The Movie - Motion City Soundtrack

All three albums are great, but if you were limited to one song on each it'd be:

Do You Know What I'm Seeing
    Atavan Halen (7 Minutes in Heaven)
    Capital H

23. bbbshrimp macrumors newbie

I bought this album on iTunes by a Canadian band called The Whitsundays (album by the same name). It's my new favorite album!