What's the matter with vBulletin and Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Giuly, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Hi,
    lately I can't use the buttons in vBulletin.
    [​IMG]

While it works here again, I guess it's not Safari but vB's fault. What's the matter with it, and where to point other administrators to fix that?

Regards

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you restart Safari, clearing cache, cookies, etc?

3. Giuly thread starter macrumors 68040

Giuly

I even repaired permissions (I had to anyways), but clearing the cache did the trick.

Thanks

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I frequent several vBulletin-based fan sites including this one. I use Safari almost exclusively. I have no problem on any of them. It is important to understand that the setup of each site is determined by the site's administrator. You might do well to bring your issues to the attention of your problematic site's administrator.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apparently, it wasn't a site issue, but a Safari issue:

6. hookbill macrumors newbie

Sorry to revive such an old post but apparently there is an issue with Safari and V-Bulletin, at least the one that came out in July. You can't see the smileys or the buttons like you can on whatever version this is.

This is also true with the stock browser on an Android phone. It doesn't work with the Safari in iPad. So my question is does anyone have a browser that they can check to see if it works so I can purchase it? The site is www.mydroidworld.com. If someone with an iPad can take a look and reply, I would greatly appreciate it. If I have to spend some money on a new browser I want to make sure it works.