Whats the most compelling feature of the 2012 Air for you?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by KittyKatta, Jun 12, 2012.

?

Whats the most compelling feature of the 2012 Air for you?

1. New Facetime 720p Camera

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. New Ivy Bridge

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. New Storage/Memory Options

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  4. I just want anything thats new

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Im skipping this gen

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

Im on the fence on buying a 2012 Air vs a heavily discounted 2011 Air because not much has changed. But for me the biggest selling point is USB3 because the Thunderbolt Hype has slowly materialized and what we see is much more expensive and much less available product than anticipated. USB3 enables me to still have high speed data for my photowork but at a minimal cost since USB3 is everywhere and has no markup.

But what about you? Whats do you feel is the most compelling feature of the 2012 Air?

Edit: Oh great. I forgot to put USB3. :eek: Well i guess that now falls into the storage section. <facepalm>

2. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

damn. i really have to get with the times. I have only usb 2.0 accessories in my household.

3. Spoonz macrumors member

4. KittyKatta thread starter macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

I currently have FireWire drives for my primary backup and even though a FW adapter is coming soon, Ive found that almost any HDD you buy nowadays is USB3 which is why Im abandoning my dreams for Thunderbolt. Even though they marketed it to the consumer market, the pricing makes it more of a true "Pro" feature I guess.

5. Anlino macrumors member

Ivy Bridge and RAM/storage, but if I have to choose between the two, it's definitely the latter. 8 GB RAM and a 256 GB SSD is perfect for me.