What's the point of mission control if the windows hide the desktops?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jonathanc, Jul 20, 2011.

1. jonathanc macrumors newbie

As you can see when I go into mission control, the app store window is covering the desktops, so I can't get at them

What's the story?

[​IMG]

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Mission Control basically organizes/manages your application and it's windows so you don't have windows everywhere (like it was in Leopard/Snow Leopard) and allows access to them. It does what it's advertised to do, what's the problem you're having?

EDIT: I see what you're saying. You don't mean the ACTUAL desktop but the desktop spaces. That's not suppose to happen, the windows are suppose to be centred below the spaces. This was happening to some people. Does it happen to you all the time? As of right now, there is no fix - you'll have to wait for Apple to acknowledge/address this.

3. jonathanc, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

jonathanc thread starter macrumors newbie

It happens when I have 2 apps open, any more and it goes to small groups

[​IMG]

4. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

That is definitely a bug. It doesn't do that for me.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You'll have to wait for 10.7.1 - pretty sure it'll get addressed there. Also, did you upgrade to Lion or did you do a clean install? I'm finding that those with the problem are upgrading so perhaps there's some correlation? Maybe not.

6. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

It's a bug. It was even mentioned in the GM threads as a bug.

Can't believe it wasn't fixed.

7. bushido Suspended

bushido

i'm afraid this is probably a graphic error on ur machine

8. TrickyRick macrumors member

A question about your Safari: Do you have several windows or does it show your tabs? I know it showed tabs in their WWDC demo but I can't figure out how to get that working :S

9. jonathanc thread starter macrumors newbie

Found an additional problem. When I go to drag the App store onto desktop to then then safari and aperture jump into the layout of my first picture, so I can't set the drag and drop down.

10. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

11. Genocide macrumors member

The problems you have brought up are known issues with the OS and should be fixed in 10.7.1.

12. jonathanc thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a bad job when one of the highlight features of Lion is riddled with bugs.

What have they been doing all these months?

13. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Preparing for 10.7.1 :D

14. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

15. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Well, 10.7.1 didn't fix it... here's hoping 10.7.2 will :cool:

16. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Have you rebooted and unchecked "Reopen windows"? That can solve some problems.

17. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I haven't tried that, but I have found that sometimes you can make the windows behave themselves by moving your mouse pointer to another part of the screen. It seems that if you move the pointer to the bottom of the screen, a lot of the time the windows will get out of the way.

18. MartiNZ macrumors 65816

MartiNZ

Ahh and so begins that process we get with every release. I waited 10.4.0 through 10.7.0 saying maybe the iTunes Dashboard Widget would be fixed ... and even then people mourned its loss :eek:. To me I was finally right, and had one thing less to complain about. Of course, Lion introduced hundreds of new things to complain about, so I'm going to be grateful to get my crashy iTunes widget back when I go back. There's no more going forward at this point - maybe by 10.10.0 by my calculations.

19. nightfly macrumors newbie

It does this on mission control when you put all your windows centered.. As in you set your itunes window centered and finder window centered...

temporary solution just move one of your window either one pixel to the left or right :)