What's the point of the green button in Safari?!

hector

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Cheltenham, UK
So obviously the yellow one minimises it, the red one closes it, but what on earth does the green one do?

As far as I can tell, it just resizes the window at random! Why doesn't it just make it full screen? Surely that would be more sensible... I have been a mac user for some years but that has ALWAYS baffled me.

Another thing that I don't understand is why on earth can't you scroll through images in preview? I want to just be able to click left and right to scroll through pictures in a folder like you can in (eugh) windows. I don't want to have to open iPhoto just to do that...

Am I being stupid? Having found 99.9% of OSX to be straightforward and logical since switching in 2004, these 2 points really annoy me. I hope someone can please put me out of my misery!

Thanks in advance.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
its called "auto resize", proposed function is "resize browser window to fit the content of the current webpage",

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Another thing that I don't understand is why on earth can't you scroll through images in preview? I want to just be able to click left and right to scroll through pictures in a folder like you can in (eugh) windows. I don't want to have to open iPhoto just to do that...

Thanks in advance.
You can do this in preview. Highlight all the images in Finder, then press Apple+O, this will open up all the images in preview and you can scroll through them

or

Select you images, right click (ctrl+click) and select slideshow

dejo

Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Or wait for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). You'll be able to do that with Cover Flow in the Finder.