What's the point of the green button in Safari?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hector, Aug 31, 2007.

1. hector macrumors regular

So obviously the yellow one minimises it, the red one closes it, but what on earth does the green one do?

As far as I can tell, it just resizes the window at random! Why doesn't it just make it full screen? Surely that would be more sensible... I have been a mac user for some years but that has ALWAYS baffled me.

Another thing that I don't understand is why on earth can't you scroll through images in preview? I want to just be able to click left and right to scroll through pictures in a folder like you can in (eugh) windows. I don't want to have to open iPhoto just to do that...

Am I being stupid? Having found 99.9% of OSX to be straightforward and logical since switching in 2004, these 2 points really annoy me. I hope someone can please put me out of my misery!

Thanks in advance.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the green button sizes the window just enough to fit the content on the page (given enough screen space).

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

its called "auto resize", proposed function is "resize browser window to fit the content of the current webpage",

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You can do this in preview. Highlight all the images in Finder, then press Apple+O, this will open up all the images in preview and you can scroll through them

or

Select you images, right click (ctrl+click) and select slideshow

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Or wait for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). You'll be able to do that with Cover Flow in the Finder.

6. taytho macrumors 6502

oh man, cover flow in finder is going to rock my world!!!

i always wondered about that green button too... it really seemed to make no sense to me either.