What's the street value of an "unused" refurb Ipad 1?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by avincent52, Jul 23, 2012.

1. avincent52 macrumors regular

My Ipad 1 has serious screen problems, and I'm considering my replacement options.

If those options include getting a new Ipad 2 or 3, it raises the question of what to do with my broken Ipad 1 (32 gig, 3g)

I'm assuming if I take it to the Genius Bar, they'll give me the option of replacing it for $249. (that was the out of warranty repair/replace price before the recent price drop.)

If I did that, I'd have an unused refurb Ipad 1, with 3G/Wifi and 32 Gigs of memory.

What could I sell that for without much hassle?
    Or to put it another way, would I make enough profit to make it worthwhile?

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

nahh i think youd be better off just not upgrading it and using that $250 for a ipad2/3.

here on craigslist in austin 32gb ipad 3g on average sells about $275.. save you the hassle of making $30

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

When you get replacements from Genius Bar, you don't get any packaging. They just bring it out in a plain white or brown box, take it out and give it to you. So there's no way to prove to a potential buyer your unit is "unused."

If you want to get some return from your iPad 1, you might want to look into one of those services that buy used electronics. There's one called Gazelle, and Amazon also does it, and there are some other places. You won't get much, but you'll at least get something.