What's the tastiest car you've seen on the road recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
I had no idea what this was until I got really close and overtook it for a better look but ye gods it was sexy. I've seen enough Ferrari's and Lambo's around here that they're fun to see but not as eyepoppingly unusual as a brand new Lotus! I had thought the brand dead until I saw one live and in the flesh a few days ago.

What've you seen on the road recently that you just had to get a better look at?

mischief

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
iGary said:

Bentley Continental GT Mulliner
I could have sworn that Bentley had been discontinued a la the Plymouth brand. You've seen one of those on the road? Geez. I guess the current trend really is ressurecting dead monikers. :confused: :)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
mischief said:
What've you seen on the road recently that you just had to get a better look at?
Hee, I'll interpret recent as two summers ago... a GT3 in London. <- not legal in the States!!!

p.s. a GT3 is a porsche.

RugoseCone

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2002
mischief said:
I could have sworn that Bentley had been discontinued a la the Plymouth brand. You've seen one of those on the road? Geez. I guess the current trend really is ressurecting dead monikers. :confused: :)

VW owns Bentley these days. I saw the car iGary posted in the Charlotte area recently. Got to walk right up to it, pretty damned cool...

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
New Beetle Convertible. I really love my Tundra, but that Beetle is a fun car to drive. One of these days I'm going to weaken and stop by a VW dealer on the way home and trade my truck in.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I've seen quite a few really expensive cars in recent times. Passed a Mercedes SLR McLaren on the motorway the other day, which is a proper supercar for those not in the know (£300k+ worth). Saw a Lambo Gallardo in a car park and also a Ferrari 360 Spider like in the earlier post outside my local pub.

My best recently though has to be whilst driving home on the M1 from work and being overtaken by a black jag containing Tony Blair (he's the Prime Minister of Britain) in case you non brits don't know ;)

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mischief said:
I see two of them here in Annapolis all the time. Damn sexy car.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
mischief said:
Dead monikers?! You're kidding surely? Bentley has been around for years and has continued to be strong. They'll never go out of business as long as there are gangsta rappers about surely...lol... ;)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
All we have in this neck of the woods are blah Mercedes/Lexi/Beamers and butt-ugly Hummers. About the nicest looking car I ever see is a Mini Cooper or a Prius.

krimson

macrumors 65816
mischief said:
I had no idea what this was until I got really close and overtook it for a better look but ye gods it was sexy. I've seen enough Ferrari's and Lambo's around here that they're fun to see but not as eyepoppingly unusual as a brand new Lotus! I had thought the brand dead until I saw one live and in the flesh a few days ago.

there's one of those parked about 5 spaces down from my parking spot. :D
hmm.. what else.. there's a Bently parked across from the office (owner of the sheraton hotel). I see my friends R34 Skyline about twice a month, but i dont think that counts.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I saw one of these fella's the other day, and was rather smitten. :)

For those not in the know, it's a Nissan PAO ;) I totally love it's utilitarian simplicity, and attention to design. :)

Infact I like it so much... I've dropped the idea of getting it's cuz the Nissan Figaro, and have started trying to source a PAO in Japan to import over. :D

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
mischief said:

THAT is freaking cool. And I thought Lotus was just a ****** word processor.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
iGav said:
I saw one of these fella's the other day, and was rather smitten. :)

For those not in the know, it's a Nissan PAO ;) I totally love it's utilitarian simplicity, and attention to design. :)

Infact I like it so much... I've dropped the idea of getting it's cuz the Nissan Figaro, and have started trying to source a PAO in Japan to import over. :D
Nissan Figaro's are really cool. I love them but don't you think that driving around in one you might look a little......well.....gay? ;)

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
edesignuk said:
but, but, but, it was a Ford GT! :D
Well.....alright, i'll forgive you for being caught up in the moment. They are damn sexy cars. I've always had a thing for the GT40 so this was obviously going to appeal to me.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
recently i saw a Bentley and Ferrari, i saw a kid drive a lexus SC 430 last week..but i shouldn't talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.