What's the time Window to Pre-Order on and get ON 9/21?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HeyGreggie, Sep 13, 2012.

1. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Some of us [me rather] checks dont clear until around 4 maybe 5am [payday], but I was wondering... Would we still have a fighting chance to still get delivery of our iphone if we preorder between 6am-noon?

I know some folks WONT be staying up [nocturnal] to get the iphone on preorder, but this being my first preorder I was wondering will they sell out [Verizon at least] of the pre-orders, or stop taking them?

What about if you pre-order too late and they say your estimated arrival will be like October 9th?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

last year pre-orders started at 12:00am PST and dates did not slip until 11:00 am PST.

before you order they tell you the shipping window you are in, so do not have to worry about ordering then slipping.

3. STC1709 macrumors 6502

if your using a debit card on apple or vz, bc your not in person with the card it automatically defaults to "credit" so it will take a day or 2 for the money to even be withdrawn, your fine to do it at 3am.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

personally, I would not do that if the funds were not there haha

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Resist. Temptation. To make statement. About living paycheck to paycheck. :D

Seriously, though, I'd suspect that this year will go like last year. Morning orders should ship on the 21st. If it slips to the 24th, at least you aren't wasting the weekend waiting in line.

6. dcgore macrumors member

Dude, you should be fine! Besides, the apple website which is the one everyone goes to will crash for a few hours as per usual. Last year i got to order mine at 6am EST. That's why im going with the carrier's website this time.

7. STC1709 macrumors 6502

ive done it dozens of times, if it's on credit it's different if you for a fact the funds will be there an hour later

8. HeyGreggie thread starter macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Not about living paycheck to paycheck, but rather, not digging into my savings for a purchase. Nor use the money I DO have available to have it.