What's the trick to the movie Leatherheads?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by miksterman, Feb 16, 2010.

1. miksterman macrumors member

Has anybody figured out the secret to Leatherheads? Many reports of it crashes practically everything. It seems to be the case for me. I've tried loading just the IFO of the title in Handbrake and it crashes. Ripit won't touch it, Mac the Ripper won't touch it. Fairmount will mount the DVD but DVD2one doesn't seem to be doing anything when I do a movie only copy. Hopefully somebody out there has cracked this one by now.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't have the DVD to try, but have you used Mac DVD Ripper Pro?

3. miksterman thread starter macrumors member

I have not. Have not known of this ripper. I'll give it a try and see. In the middle of a different attempt of another kind then I'll give this ripper a try.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I'm curious to see how this turns out.

OP, you may consider changing the title of your thread to something like "Problem ripping Leatherheads" or "Anyone figured out how to rip Leatherheads?" (in your first post, select EDIT and then Go Advanced to do this). You may get more members involved that way. Your title makes it seem like you want to talk about the movie.:p

5. miksterman thread starter macrumors member

Mac DVD Ripper Pro did not work either. I know that the Title for the movie to be copied is 33. Just can't seem to get anything to let me select that title and not crash.

I just tried MakeMKV and it won't even read the DVD. The only thing that seems to be working somewhat is using Fairmount to mount the DVD and then wait a very very very very long time to see what DVD2One gives me.

OK, after waiting a very long time my results were the same, nothing. What's the deal with this DVD and why is it this DVD of them all?

6. miksterman thread starter macrumors member

Found another forum that was on the topic of this movie. The method that seemed to work for some was the same method I was using which is to mount the disk using Fairmount, then use DVD2One to make a movie only copy. Someone mentioned to select the Title 33 (VOB file 27_1) under the Titles in DVD2One then make your file copy. But I have yet been able to get this to work for me. Takes around 40 minutes just to get the menu selections in DVD2One to show up but it does another scan of the DVD for about 40 minutes after I've selected the Title 33. So I have to wait for a hour and 20 minutes before I can even begin the file copy process that doesn't really look like is doing anything. If this movie was offered on iTunes I would of bought it by now but it isn't on there. Anybody else know of another place that I can buy and download this movie with the surround sound that will work with my AppleTV?