Whats the Verdict on Battery Life with 4.3.2 JailBroken vs 4.3.2 Official?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Brother Esau, Apr 24, 2011.

?

How is you're Battery Life on 4.3.2 Jailbroken Compaired to 4.3.2 Official?

1. Battery Life on 4.3.2 Jailbroken Sucks!

17.4%
  2. Battery Life is the Same on 4.3.2 Jailbroken & Official

30.4%
  3. My Battery Lfe has Improved since I have Jailbroken 4.3.2

39.1%
  4. Quick Shoot The Energizer Rabbit...My Battery Life Rocks!

13.0%
  1. Brother Esau macrumors 6502

Curious to see what people have to say about this question. I had very great Battery Life on iOS 4.3.1 non Jailbroken and battery life went to hell in a hand basket once I jailbroke it using RedSnow Untethered jailbreak to the extent of it draining from 100% Fully Charged when I went to bed and would get up 7hrs later and it would be at 88% Battery Life! Please don't ask if I had numerous things running in the background because that would be a adamant NO!

I have actually updated to 4.3.2 and waking up this morning 8hrs later its still at 100% Battery!;)

2. Trashed78 macrumors newbie

1 - 2% max over night with 4.3.2.. 7 - 8 hours

3. Brother Esau thread starter macrumors 6502

Ummm....Ok:confused: 2% Drain over 7-8hr period over night, or down to 2% remaining when waking up?

Curious, if you mean the first rather than the latter of the 2 why do you state battery life sucks???:confused:

Sorry man, It's clear it was another member that selected it sucks when I viewed results of poll again.

Please ...........VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Trashed78 macrumors newbie

I mean around 1% drain over night, can easly do 48 hours now with normal usage. With 4.3.1 the phone died after 12 hours.. 4.3.2 is the most battery friendly 4.x for me

5. Brother Esau thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone else wish to participate in this survey?
    Keep in mind, this pole serves everyone not just myself, that may have the same question in regards to battery life on Jailbroken iOS 4.3.2

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

You should have only asked 2 questions;

• Better Battery Life
    • Worse Battery Life

Odds are the votes would have been 50/50.

Another poll should be;

Safari snappier in 4.3.2?
    Safari snappier in 4.3.1?

:D

7. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

the jailbreak itself is not what will kill off your battery. Just because you didn't have apps running in the background doesn't mean you didn't install some type of jailbreak extensions that were constantly fetching data or the like, which is what kills the battery faster. If you just jailbreak your phone right now and don't install anything you will see the exact same battery life. Adding cydia to your phone isn't going to magically make your battery shrink!

8. Brother Esau thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm, that would be a valid point if I would have installed anything other than springboard settings, 5 icon Dock, SSH & Mobile Terminal.

9. Brother Esau thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry for my non politically correct humorous approach to the Poll, Sheesh lighten up guys.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    It all depends what kind of jb packages you install.
    Individual results will vary.

11. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah okay...

Like I said jailbreak your iPhone right now and dont do anything to it. There will be no change in battery life. Installing cydia does NOT affect battery life, however some extensions you install through cydia can affect your battery.

You can think that the jailbreak broke your battery life all you want, it's still a myth so please don't post it as fact for others

12. Brother Esau thread starter macrumors 6502

Seeing how I stated my own personal direct experience, it was not intended to be perceived as a wide spread issue.

That's almost as good as people claiming there is no antenna issue "Period" when there are those that have indeed had serious dropped call issues.
    I would imagine that you would be one of those self proclaimed experts by the tone in which you so rudely replied to me.

Sorry , but I don't think along those lines and expect the masses to create wide spread panic because I myself had a battery drain issue with my personal jailbreak experience lately on iOS 4.3.1.

I mean really man, what is everones problem these days? It appears that people are not content unless they are personally making an example of his fellow man or insulting him.

You kids resally need to get over yourselves and learn how to be more receptive and respectful towards others!

13. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

No, you just don't know what you are talking about. Like I said jailbreaking the device does nothing that would adversely affect your battery, it's the things you install after jailbreaking that can really hamper your battery.

It is completely possible that you saw negative battery affects after the jailbreak, I have too. That does NOT mean the jailbreak itself is the cause, you just fail to see that.

My post was hardly disrespectful, you are just trying to convey tone through text on the Internet. I was simply re explaining, for the third time now, that your perceptions of why battery life is affected are completely wrong.

14. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

My battery life is pretty much back to my 4.0.1 levels on 4.3.2
    4.3.1 battery life sucked big time.

Oh and jailbroken each time.

15. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

For me 4.3.2 has a good battery life. If yours don't, restore as new and restart things over again.

4.3.1 sucked so bad.