Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
texas
AFP sucks. they are clearly demented

check out their in-concise articles.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Tec...le_postpones_delivery_of_new_iPad_728214.html
http://au.news.yahoo.com/tech-news/...says-shipment-of-new-ipad-may-take-2-3-weeks/
http://www.skynews.com.au/tech/article.aspx?id=728214&vId=
-snip-
what the ?!
Is it true?
and the preorders? does AFP have writing problem? or does it mean that the entire online preorders are delayed by 2-3weeks.
really. AFP better check their sources man.

Last edited:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
It's not just AFP. MSNBC, CNN, etc. all have similar stories. They clearly have automatons writing stories now instead of humans that understand context. I just feel bad for the innocent non-tech following people that read these stories and take them literally.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
texas
It's not just AFP. MSNBC, CNN, etc. all have similar stories. They clearly have automatons writing stories now instead of humans that understand context. I just feel bad for the innocent non-tech following people that read these stories and take them literally.

I was swept too. for a moment though.

My friends were like, oh no we wont get the preorder until 2-3weeks later despite ordering them on the day of announcement, and i was doing rampant searching, and i got all those thrash articles.

I concluded that those so called reliable sources were full of trash. they even have the guts to write that apple said this and that, but when i clicked on the media of the apple website, nothing was reported about the delay.
i was almost deluded.

And considered that this is the 3rd time the iPad was released, you would have thought the journalist writing about this article would have a bit more brain power to think logically.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
These stories come off the Reuters wires which is why you see them on all news stations/sites. Nothing to do with writers. News comes in and they copy and paste it. Just like AP (Associated Press) stories.

If it starts out wrong from Reuters everyone "reports" it wrong. Eventually Reauters issues a correction and then (if there is space) the correction filters down through the various "sources."

The funny part is most of these sites don't even "credit" Reuters but make it look like they found out this information on their own. If you look at CNN & MSNBC it always has (Reuters) next to the date.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
These stories come off the Reuters wires which is why you see them on all news stations/sites. Nothing to do with writers. News comes in and they copy and paste it. Just like AP (Associated Press) stories.

If it starts out wrong from Reuters everyone "reports" it wrong. Eventually Reauters issues a correction and then (if there is space) the correction filters down through the various "sources."

The funny part is most of these sites don't even "credit" Reuters but make it look like they found out this information on their own. If you look at CNN & MSNBC it always has (Reuters) next to the date.

I understand this (my undergrad degree is Journo/Com). But these so-called news organizations have a duty to read the wire stories before they print them verbatim and, if needed, correct any obvious ambiguities or factually incorrect information. This use to be one of the ways interns and new hires cut their teeth. This disinterest in accuracy pervades reporting today. It's more important now to be first than correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.