What's up with Apple shipping color Bumpers but stores only have Black

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kim Sux, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Kim Sux macrumors member

I've seen countless pictures of people showing off every color Bumper. Yet it seems like every Apple Store is only getting Black. WTF!

2. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

That.. and when are they going to ship the next round of color bumpers? I ordered a blue one Tuesday morning after buying my iPhone 4 and it says "Ships by July 16th"

3. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

My replacement bumper in blue isn't shipping until July 16.

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

You answered your own question.

5. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

Not really, considering they've been shipping a lot of stuff before the advertised "Ships by" date.. which is why I posed the question. Also, it was more of a hypothetical question than anything, since no one here can answer that.

6. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I called my store today (Jacksonville) and the guy said they are not going to carry the color bumpers in stock at the stores until later this month when they start selling the white iPhones.

7. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

I waited to order a colored bumper because I was hoping to find something else before July 16th. Well, I decided to go ahead and order one today and the status changed to 'ships in 3 weeks'. My order receipt says to expect it on July 28th! Yikes! SO by stalling a few days because I didn't want to wait so long, I now have to wait almost 2 weeks longer than I would have. :(
    Good news is I ended up with an ifrogz luxe I picked up at best buy today (after returning the HORRIBLE Griffin Reveal) and I really like it!!!

8. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

9. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I called a SF Apple store and was told that the Blue and White bumpers should be arriving within days.

10. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Obvious conspiracey, is Oliver Stone available to investigate :)

11. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

You can have any color bumper you want, as long as it is black ;)
    reason why there are so many black bumpers, is because black paint dries quicker? That's my guess.
    I bought a black bumper at my store, and I admit, it looks really cool. I thought it would be meh. Hold me over till the green comes out.

12. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I called and no colors. Even though the kid said they would have them. he said try next week but colors are definitly on the way so... maybe next week?