What's up with craiglist people listing but wanting to hold iphone for 6 more days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aneftp, Sep 15, 2012.

1. aneftp macrumors 68040

Don't get it. People list their iPhones on craigslist the past several days. Looking for a replacement for my wife's water damaged iPhone 4S. Some pretty good prices ($300-350 for 16GB 4s on craigslist). But majority of people are emailing me back that they need to keep the phone till at least next Friday/Saturday.

Duh? I told them price will drop another $50-75 more if they wait cause some people will price it even lower to unload.

Why? Those Craigslist people. And they didn't bother stating that they will hold onto the phone for another week.

This is Craigslist. Either you sell it now (or tomorrow). Or don't bother listing it.

2. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Its so they can have a phone up until the iPhone 5 gets delivered

3. aneftp thread starter macrumors 68040

I know that. But they don't even say it on the ad. No one will wait 6 days to buy it from them on craigslist.

4. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

I personally wouldn't want to be using what is someone elses property for 5 days, but yeah the above post is right in saying they're waiting delivery of the new iPhone till they ship their old 4 out.

5. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

I sold mine and am just using a crappy old blackberry till Friday. I knew prices would drop so I figured I would bite the bullet and just use the BB for a week.

6. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

Someone did that to me too!

I just sold my 4. I erased it and turned it off right away. I don't feel right using it knowing that someone paid for it and it now belongs to someone else. I was so scared I was going to do something to damage it, I'd be so screwed. It makes no sense to even list it if you don't want to give it up for almost a week.

7. CACTUARU macrumors member

Yeah I was wondering about that. I wanna sell my 64gb 4s, but I need it until Friday at the latest. Can I buy a prepaid and use that?