What's up with SpyMac?

clubsport

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2002
When will Spymac be online, and whats happening to it? If you're browsing here Atari, or any other Spymac webmaster, shed some light into whats going on.

Besides, I'm missing it already :)

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Re: What's up with SpyMac?

Originally posted by clubsport
When will Spymac be online, and whats happening to it? If you're browsing here Atari, or any other Spymac webmaster, shed some light into whats going on.

Besides, I'm missing it already :)
I used to wonder why people went to that site, and then I recalled a piece of non-fiction by Stephen King, called Danse Macabre in which he wrote at length about the field of horror writing/movies/radio/etc. In it, he speaks of what he calls 'The Siren Song of Crap'... and then I understood why people go to spymac.com

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
It being fixed up
they are optimising the site to reduce load times

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Hm, last time it was the forums and the "intercepted" messages, now it's the whole dang site... wonder what exactly they mean by "optimization".

clubsport

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2002
Hey, whats so bad about panties :)

I dunno why you guys don't like Spymac. Seriously, now nearly every one of their rumors is true, and you get a gallery and webmail too.

Whats so bad about that?

Also, you get the community box, so you can see rumors from 5 different sites anyway.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Re: Ehh

Originally posted by swahilibill
Spymac is stupid, and all they have in their forums is what it feels like to wear panties (seriously).

he he. I saw that thread too. Couldn't quite believe what i was reading!

Spymac caters to different tastes though, so it has its' place, and use. I wouldn't be too fussed though if it were to go down, as long as the member didn't invade MR :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Ehh

Originally posted by swahilibill
Spymac is stupid, and all they have in their forums is what it feels like to wear panties (seriously). They are all pussies with weak information, and I wouldn't rely on them to save my iPod.
You know, swahilibill, we just recently in the past month, had a cross site flamewar going with SpyMac. Ridiculous, stupid and silly. If you don't like SpyMac, don't go there. There are plenty of members who visit both sites, they've had the inside on a couple of rumors lately, arn posts their rumors when they come up. There is nothing wrong with what they're doing, don't go bashing them here. If you don't like it, go there and tell them what you think. As a MacRumors member, keep in mind how your bashing effects everyone here.

We all just need to get along....

And what's this about the panties? I missed that one, I don't go there often and hardly to the forums.....

GadgetDon

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2002
We've had a couple threads, which someone keeps posting in to keep them alive, about wearing panties, purely for comfort. I have done my best to avoid posting in them.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
quote:
Originally posted by britboy
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spymac is stupid, and all they have in their forums is what it feels like to wear panties (seriously).
------------------------------------------------------------------------

he he. I saw that thread too. Couldn't quite believe what i was reading!

Spymac caters to different tastes though, so it has its' place, and use.
erm, just what kind of "different tastes"? :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I personally would have a hard time respecting a guy wearing panties....

just doesn't seem right, if they were that comfortable there would be a version of underwear for men that would have all the same features but wouldn't be called panties

OMG, now I've done it, we're not starting a thread on panties here are we....maybe we should stop before things get out of hand....

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Originally posted by dukestreet

OMG, now I've done it, we're not starting a thread on panties here are we....maybe we should stop before things get out of hand....

You're welcome to start up that thread in the community area if you so desire, but i'm not going anywhere near it!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
No, not going to do that. I was commenting on the fact that I responded to the panty issue and we started a small discussion on this thread. Shouldn't do those sort of things, you know?