What's with Obama's tax plan?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Aranince, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Okay.. I have to say it. Quit bloody trolling. You're desperate.

It's already been said, and even said in the comments of your Ross Putin link. I'll actually feed you (perish the thought!!):

Obama has listed (countless many times) what his tax plan is. But I guess some people (like yourself, and others) only read/listen to what you only want to hear... :rolleyes:

BL.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Can you actually back this up? And I don't mean parading a Richardson quote, Richardson is not Obama.

You say it was $250,000, then $200,000 then $150,000. Ok, prove it...

3. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

It's been posted before, but in case you missed it:

[​IMG]

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

5. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

Did you look at the link? Obama lowered it to $200,00 and Biden lowered it to $150,000. If you don't want to listen to Richardson, fine.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

It OK, those people haven't read the plan either. Let me help you out.

No one making <$250,000 will see their taxes go up:
    "The Obama Plan Provides Generous Tax Cuts for Almost All American Families – and will
    not raise any tax rate on families making less than $250,000 per year, period!"

Families making <$200,000 will see a tax cut: LINK

You might want to actually check out what the plan says: LINK

7. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

Barack Obama and Biden haven't read the plan?

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Lol, you are too much. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I'm starting to think you are a troll.

EDIT:

I have listened to the first video in the link in post 4 about 5 times now and haven't heard anything about taxes. That video is about privatizing social security, what does it have to do with tax plans?

The second video is the ad "Defining Moment." At 30 seconds into the comercial the screen says "Families making less than $200,000 get tax cut." And? That's exactly in line with the plan. No one making under $250,000 sees taxes go up, those making under $200,000 see taxes go down.

If you would like to look at the graph I linked above you will see that the $150,000 mark, while not the first amount to see a tax cut, is the first to see a significant break. What's the problem there? Biden never said no one else will see tax cuts, he just threw out that number, which just so happens to fall in line with the first major tax break in the plan. And?

9. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

No, obviously YOU haven't read the plan. Please dry up and blow away.

10. jplan2008 macrumors regular

Richardson made a mistake. I also heard a McCain surrogate today say "Obama would be the only president in modern history, who plans to lower taxes in peacetime during economic troubles." Well, aside from the fact that we're in a war, I assume he MEANT to say "raise" taxes and not "lower," and that it was a slip of the tongue. Another McCain backer said "of course Sarah Palin isn't ready to step in as president," then had to say he was stupid for saying it.

I wish I had a screenshot from McCain's website from before the crisis. (yes, I have actually read both their plans instead of getting my information from blogs, although it's much harder to keep up with McCain's) His official campaign website said something like "the biggest economic challenge we face is the entitlement programs." I guess if you think the fundamentals of the economy are strong, you would think that the fact that even if we do nothing in 34 years, in 2042, social security will only be able to pay 80% of benefits instead of 100%, that's the biggest economic problem the country was facing in August, 2008.

The fact that he was so absolutely clueless about the overall economy, and continuing to lie about the social security "crisis" is much more troubling than misstatements about details of a tax plan.

His campaign also had to explain where the money for his health care plan would come from, which they changed, and a trillion or so will come from medicare funding.

11. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I hope the trolling ends when the election does.

I wonder if McCain supporters are trying to drive home a last minute bargain; "vote for McCain and we'll stop pulling things out of our ass. Vote for Obama and we'll gum the internet up so bad you'll be pulling troll hair out of your ethernet cables."

12. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

13. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Dude thats a sweet line, imma use it on my concubine today. :D

14. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Maybe this whole article will be of some use to you Aranince:
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/166692/page/1

Yes, it includes Obama's distortions as well as McCain's. Here is a snippet relevant to your post:

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

People who make less than $200,000 get a tax cut. People making between $200,000 and $250,000 see no change. People making above $250,000 get their taxes raised. Seems clear enough to me.

Did you maybe ever stop and think that Biden mis-spoke when he said $150,000? Lord knows McCain has done that plenty of times...."Senator Obama's supporters have been saying nasty things about Pennsylvania, and I couldn't agree with them more."

16. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

... and it's not like Biden's foot has never met his mouth.

17. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

Why doesn't Senator Obama consider something that will be REAL change like scrapping the entire current Federal tax system altogether with its ridiculous complexity and hundreds of billions of dollars per year in compliance costs and replacing it with a flat tax or the FairTax consumption tax system?

By encouraging Americans to actually save and invest (and keep the interest income, dividend income, capital gains income and corporate income out of the clutches of the IRS!), we could single-handedly bring American industry back (the entire "Rust Belt" will stop being that if American companies could return jobs back to the USA under better tax conditions).

18. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Ummm... because it runs completely counter to his philosophy of taxation?

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nice try.

20. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I'd like the original poster to reply to that.

21. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Probably not going to happen. Seems to be the problem with people who come in here to challenge Obama. They post something, get proven wrong, and run away.

Please people, if you are going to post something, back it up with fact and be prepared to defend yourself or don't post.

22. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Thanks. Answers have been given to dispel the FUD. This thread is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.