Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daytona

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
when I plug the iPhone into my computer? I do not take many pics with the phone and do not save them to the iPhone. I transfer them to my PIC director. But for sometime I have put up with the double pics. When in ".jpg" format and the other in ".mov" format. I have looked int he phone to see if I can turn this off but with no avail. Any suggestion would great. THX

iKevinT

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2017
when I plug the iPhone into my computer? I do not take many pics with the phone and do not save them to the iPhone. I transfer them to my PIC director. But for sometime I have put up with the double pics. When in ".jpg" format and the other in ".mov" format. I have looked int he phone to see if I can turn this off but with no avail. Any suggestion would great. THX

It’s probably because Live Photo is turned on. Turn that off when taking pictures unless you want it for a certain shot. The option to turn it on and off is on the screen when in the camera app.

daytona

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
THANK YOU, it worked. I just didn't know what it was called or I could figured it out. But thank you again for the help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.