What's with the lack of accessories?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dwalls90, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Apple is offerring us no case solution this iPhone launch since the iPhone 4? I know the bumper isn't awesome, but at least you knew you were getting a decent means of protection until the new cases came out. We don't seem to have that option at all this time around. The third party manufacturers can't possible provide solid solutions until they get the phone and can test their designs. This will take weeks. :mad:

And why is the Thunder adapter taking so long to ship, of all things? I use the 30 pin interface every day, thus my iPhone 5 use will be fairly limited until these adapters (which, Apple has restricted to only their selling rights initially) are released, in "October"! Somewhat irritating, since the regular Thunder charging cable ships right away. :rolleyes:

Just seems like a slightly rushed release. I'd rather them have created a new bumper and launched their accessories in a timely fashion, to have a more organized release.

2. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Fella... can you wait until the phone is available for purchase though? Seems like you're the only one rushing. You can't purchase it for a half a day anyway. Calm down. There will be cases you can purchase when you pre-order it, and on the 21st. When have you ever NOT seen Apple have cases for a release?

Think smarter, not harder.

3. Chriscz macrumors newbie

There also doesn't seem to be an official apple dock this time round either.

4. yegon macrumors 68020

No way I'm ruining that exquisite design with a crappy case. Never understand the obsession with cases unless you work in construction or something. I'm a train driver, go all over the place, and my naked launch day 4 is in pristine condition, the only concession I make is dedicating a pocket to it that is otherwise empty.

Don't mean to sound aggressive, it's all down to personal choice and I respect that, but I'm genuinely baffled why people buy extremely well designed hardware then shove it in a condom!

5. Kukulcan macrumors 6502

Agree 100%...even that bumper was too much already

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

naked all the way...just get applecare+ if you are worried about accidents. Don't get a beautiful phone and then hide w/ a case!

7. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Dwalls90

There were not non apple cases available on the iPhone 4's ship date.

----------

Maybe not passive aggressive but not relevant. I don't care how you case your phone, I'm talking about lack of accessories at launch compared to prior releases.

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'll wait for those leather sleeves. Closest thing I'll get to a case

9. yegon macrumors 68020

That's a fair point, fair enough. Wasn't meant as a dig, although it was utterly irrelevant granted.