What's your experience...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DrakeMcEachern, Sep 24, 2012.

1. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

using a screen protector and a case with a built in screen protector like an otter box? Is it awkward? I'm thinking about double protection for the iphone 5.

2. Juicy111 macrumors member

I know someone with a otterbox+screen protector with no issues.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have had the Otterbox Defender on my 4s since day one. I haven't had any problems using the screen with the built in screen protector. In my opinion, the Otterbox Defender compliments and protects the 4s very well. I haven't had any manufacture defects. It is holding up. Be careful though, if you take the case off a lot. it will not fit as snug as it did when it was new.

When I get the new IPhone, I will get the same case.

4. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I have the defender and I'm taking out the built in protector and throwing on a glas.t protector

5. DrakeMcEachern thread starter macrumors 6502

I was considering using a screen protector under the otter box. I just thought it might look and respond to touch awkwardly.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I believe that that would probably be the case. I wouldn't do that. Either use as is, or as some do, take it out. The touch screen won't respond as you need with double the protection. And in my opinion, that is over-kill with the Otterbox Defender.

7. DrakeMcEachern thread starter macrumors 6502

The only reason I want a screen protector is my iPhone 4S has slight scratches in the glass where the defender held the phone in place. Taking the original protector out is a good idea and I hadn't thought about it.