What's your experience...

DrakeMcEachern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
using a screen protector and a case with a built in screen protector like an otter box? Is it awkward? I'm thinking about double protection for the iphone 5.

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
using a screen protector and a case with a built in screen protector like an otter box? Is it awkward? I'm thinking about double protection for the iphone 5.
I have had the Otterbox Defender on my 4s since day one. I haven't had any problems using the screen with the built in screen protector. In my opinion, the Otterbox Defender compliments and protects the 4s very well. I haven't had any manufacture defects. It is holding up. Be careful though, if you take the case off a lot. it will not fit as snug as it did when it was new.

When I get the new IPhone, I will get the same case.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
I have the defender and I'm taking out the built in protector and throwing on a glas.t protector

DrakeMcEachern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
I have had the Otterbox Defender on my 4s since day one. I haven't had any problems using the screen with the built in screen protector. In my opinion, the Otterbox Defender compliments and protects the 4s very well. I haven't had any manufacture defects. It is holding up. Be careful though, if you take the case off a lot. it will not fit as snug as it did when it was new.

When I get the new IPhone, I will get the same case.
I was considering using a screen protector under the otter box. I just thought it might look and respond to touch awkwardly.

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I was considering using a screen protector under the otter box. I just thought it might look and respond to touch awkwardly.
I believe that that would probably be the case. I wouldn't do that. Either use as is, or as some do, take it out. The touch screen won't respond as you need with double the protection. And in my opinion, that is over-kill with the Otterbox Defender.

DrakeMcEachern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
I believe that that would probably be the case. I wouldn't do that. Either use as is, or as some do, take it out. The touch screen won't respond as you need with double the protection. And in my opinion, that is over-kill with the Otterbox Defender.
The only reason I want a screen protector is my iPhone 4S has slight scratches in the glass where the defender held the phone in place. Taking the original protector out is a good idea and I hadn't thought about it.