Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
A number of iOS 13 features have not appeared yet, for one reason or another. What are your favorites?

Here are mine:

-Sign in with Apple (not present for users in publicly-available betas)
-Disposable email addresses [related to Sign in with Apple] (not present for users in publicly-available betas)
-Conversational Shortcuts (requires developer adoption)
-third party apps with PencilKit support (requires developer adoption)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Man, I would LOVE to sign in using Apple everywhere. I already changed credit cards and got the Apple card and so far it's been awesome. I left Gmail for Outlook.com but I'm tempted to use an Apple e-mail address.

Reactions: gwhizkids

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Man, I would LOVE to sign in using Apple everywhere. I already changed credit cards and got the Apple card and so far it's been awesome. I left Gmail for Outlook.com but I'm tempted to use an Apple e-mail address.

I’ve done the exact same thing but also went the extra step and started using my iCloud mail. I did however also create a mail alias that I use to register with everything. So no one has my real iCloud mail address.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I’ve done the exact same thing but also went the extra step and started using my iCloud mail. I did however also create a mail alias that I use to register with everything. So no one has my real iCloud mail address.

Can you use your icloud e-mail address as your AppleID? I wasn't quite sure how that worked.

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
A number of iOS 13 features have not appeared yet, for one reason or another. What are your favorites?

Here are mine:

-Sign in with Apple (not present for users in publicly-available betas)
-Disposable email addresses [related to Sign in with Apple] (not present for users in publicly-available betas)
-Conversational Shortcuts (requires developer adoption)
-third party apps with PencilKit support (requires developer adoption)

Sign in with Apple is available on iOS 13 Beta and Catalina. Try beta.icloud.com

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Can you use your icloud e-mail address as your AppleID? I wasn't quite sure how that worked.

Yes they changed that finally some time ago, it was back before WWDC even, i already had my Apple ID changed to my iCloud email after randomly thinking of trying it again. Its a one time change though, once its changed to it, cant undo.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
announce messages with Siri, I was looking forward to this the most
Ah, forgot that one. I just want this to work with AirPods gen 1. Hoping that's why it got pulled, so they could get that working.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes they changed that finally some time ago, it was back before WWDC even, i already had my Apple ID changed to my iCloud email after randomly thinking of trying it again. Its a one time change though, once its changed to it, cant undo.

what do you mean you can't undo? My AppleID was my gmail address. I changed it to Outlook.com address. If I use my iCloud e-mail as the primary e-mail I can't undo it?

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
what do you mean you can't undo? My AppleID was my gmail address. I changed it to Outlook.com address. If I use my iCloud e-mail as the primary e-mail I can't undo it?

After you change your Apple ID to your iCloud email, it cant be undone.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
It's accurate. iCloud email Apple IDs can't be changed back to a 3rd party email.

If you make your iCloud account the main e-mail for your Apple ID is there a recovery option via text or Apple 2FA if you forget your password or can't access?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014

Yes. My Apple ID was and outlook mail but is now my iCloud mail. It can’t be a iCloud alias. Be careful though. If you have family sharing enabled and/or HomeKit home shared with others it can totally mess it up. Took a week of troubleshooting and Apple support (which didn’t help much) to finally fix it

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes. My Apple ID was and outlook mail but is now my iCloud mail. It can’t be a iCloud alias. Be careful though. If you have family sharing enabled and/or HomeKit home shared with others it can totally mess it up. Took a week of troubleshooting and Apple support (which didn’t help much) to finally fix it

I do have family sharing enabled. I guess I should leave it at outlook?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I do have family sharing enabled. I guess I should leave it at outlook?

My biggest issue was HomeKit. My partner couldn’t control anything. After removing her from the home I couldn’t invite her again. Just google it and you’ll see how many people have this issue. After a week of signing out of 10 devices from iCloud, redoing my entire HomeKit setup, restoring my own iOS devices. Not sure entirely what fixed it. But after restoring my ipad and remembering it was also a home hub before so I enabled it, the invite could finally be accepted and everything is back to normal.

The only issue with family sharing was that all apps that members had downloaded that I had bought got a message when opening an app that it is no longer shared and needs to be redownloaded.

This was my experience. Others might not have had any issues. But with what I went through I can’t recommend it to anyone.

Reason why I did it is because I went all in on iCloud and changed all accounts and memberships to my iCloud mail. By all means start using your iCloud mail but I’d recommend not changing your Apple ID to it.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
One I forgot (I think): improved Siri voices. Hopefully these will also come to the voices in Shortcut’s Speak Text action. I think they recycled Siri from 2013 for that.

Reactions: MozMan68

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
One I forgot (I think): improved Siri voices. Hopefully these will also come to the voices in Shortcut’s Speak Text action. I think they recycled Siri from 2013 for that.

This!! Especially in new Maps areas. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like getting more natural turn notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.