What's your favorite feature/upgrade on the new Macbook and Macbook Pro!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MatLane, Nov 23, 2008.

1. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

I think mine has to be the Track pad. When i first came across it was a little tricky, after trying it a few times i think its a great feature to have!

Also like the screen, i think it looks nice 'not sure about the bezel though'

ML:apple:

2. zombie1210 macrumors regular

zombie1210

3. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

4. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

The new unibody - the machines feel so much sturdier than they used to (right from PowerBook G4s to the last generation MBP). These new machines are sturdy and beautiful.

5. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

How could I pick just one!

I love the chicklet keyboard because I'm used to it since buying my Core Duo BlackBook in mid '06, and the Apple Aluminum Keyboard also!

I love the Unibody because it feels so darn sturdy and solid, just amazing construction quality.

I love the new battery/hdd latch area for easy access to those things like my BlackBook had.

I love the new magnetic closing on the MBP with the rubber ring around the screen so it's smooth and silent.

I love the new graphics and chipset which is on par with my desktop.

I love the thin and LED backlit LCD screen!

I also love the multi-touch trackpad and how big it is! This has always been a favorite of mine about Mac's vs. PC's is the size of the trackpad!

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

HDD accessibility. Changing a HDD in the last gen.'s was a real pain.

7. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

battery meter is on the side of computer so you don't have to flip it over to check the charge (especially if you don't have the battery applet on the menu bar)

8. Nate025 macrumors regular

This whole computer is just an amazing step up for me. I switched over from a two year-old Toshiba Satellite running XP Pro. It was pretty top of the line back then, but doesn't even compare with the Macbook Pro!

I can't believe it took me so long to switch over to the OS platform! Everything runs so efficiently: It's so streamlined, and effortless. I could never go back to a PC.

The trackpad is amazing and seamlessly integrated, super sensitive, and working even better after that last update. The unibody design is so simple and so pleasing to look at, at the same time.

The keyboard is great: I love the backlighting! More than that, I dig the fact that if I'm watching a movie I can turn off every other light on the computer: No speaker lights, no indicator lights, nothing.

I've been running on a glossy screen for a while now, and do prefer it over matte. I enjoy the color scheme and the vivid detail that glossy provides, it suits my needs. On that note, I happened to love the screen on my old Toshiba until I compared the two side by side. I never realized how washed out and pale the colors were on the Toshiba! Putting them next to each other, this screen stands out so much it's like a night-and-day comparison!

I love this computer, but more than that, am happy to have found a platform which works incredibly well for me and actually does what I need it to do.

I'm a Mac.

9. MatLane thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Well said man!

100% agreed

10. JL7 macrumors member

True that:D

11. PeaceOut macrumors member

does it still have the same sleeping problems the previous to this new macbook pro has?

It pisses me off. Mac people ridiculed windows because we had to turn off our PCs...but that's better than having to hard-restart the mac because of sleep failure. :rolleyes: