Whats your homepage

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
If you mean your startup page in safari mine loads my yahoo page customized for me and the wife, parts look like this......

Attachments

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Always a blank window. Even though I tend to visit the same set of sites every day, I can't stand having a particular page automatically open up when I start my browser.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
wordmunger said:
Always a blank window. Even though I tend to visit the same set of sites every day, I can't stand having a particular page automatically open up when I start my browser.
about:blank, all the way, baby! :)

Virividox, in Firefox, there is a way to make specific tabs open up. Tabbrowser Extensions can definitely do it. It's under startup, and you define a specific set. You can also have it restore all the tabs that were there on closedown, but I have found this feature to be unreliable. I guess TBE is kinda deprecated now, and there is a lesser Tabbrowser Preferences or something like that? I don't know if that one can do this too. You can still get TBE, but not from the extension room at mozdev.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
I'm all about the blank page as well.

virividox said:
its cnn, is there a way to make a specific number of tabs open up ?
In Safari, if you create a sub menu in the Bookmarks Bar, you can then select 'Open In Tabs' to open all the bookmarks in that category. It's not automatic but close enough. I use that method to visit my news sites in the morning :)

The Past

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2004
United States
wordmunger said:
Thank you! I thought I was the only strange surfer. Ditto here.

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
I use CNN. I used to use MSNBC, but it stopped working in Safari for some reason. I was also bitter when they became Mac-unfriendly and stopped Macs from viewing certain things such as videos.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
yahoo mail sign in page. Thinking about going blank though. My homepage is here if you meant personal homepage.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I'm lazy, and just left it at default - aka the Apple Startpage. I'm thinking of making a page with RSS feeds from various sources. A site with one column of CNN news, one column of MacRumors news, and other column of the newest posts at MacRumors (like the right column on the MR page). That would be cool!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Deefuzz said:
Startpage (Work): Internal corporate site
They're the greatest aren't they? Ours is wonderful at the moment, currently offering mind-boggling reasoning behind the corporate re-branding and the meaning of the new logo. Fascinating stuff!

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
wordmunger said:
Yeah! Lets hear it for blank pages!

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
edesignuk said:
They're the greatest aren't they? Ours is wonderful at the moment, currently offering mind-boggling reasoning behind the corporate re-branding and the meaning of the new logo. Fascinating stuff!
Haha yeah I hear that...AND I have to help maintain our page, so double the joy there :rolleyes: