Whats your overall feeling of the iPhone 4 Pre-Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Jun 15, 2010.

?

How are you feeling after this hellish day??

1. Mad/ Frustrated

52.0%
  2. Calm

20.4%
  3. Happy/ Relieved

39.8%
  1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Are you mad that you got screwed by AT&T's system and got pushed back to the backorder
    or are you glad that you got your order in time??

Me: I am really mad but its all good considering you are getting an iPhone 4
    so
    [​IMG]

I also got my AT&T confirmation letter saying
    I was gonna wait for Apple Pre-Order until i saw that the iPhone might not delivered until after July 6-8

[​IMG]

2. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I'm relieved that my pre-order got through. But I'm exhausted from trying all day.

3. advan031 macrumors 6502

Frustration and excitement at the same time lol

I got my pre order in time but no confirmation email yet and I also got a reservation at my Apple store but it'll be canceled once I get my confirmation email:)

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Saddened by how poorly my fellow Mac fans behave when they are inconvenienced.

5. scottpuplava macrumors newbie

I woke up at 11 this morning, tried to pre order for 2 hours through apple, no luck. Ended up driving to an att corporate store 15 minutes away, and waiting there for an hour to have them tell me that the servers are down. Came home and ordered from att. Considering i haven't gotten an email from att yet, i am anxious. Today has been full of fail.

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Pre-ordered @ 9AM, only took a few minutes. Charged and got confirmation email.

So, calm & happy, excitement will build as 24th closes in. Most of its gone since I'm risking until then without a cell phone, but I'll be fine.

7. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I've been trying since 1 in the morning. Never got through and still can't. It's an outrage that these 2 HUGE and RICH companies couldn't invest in some better servers. Both are at fault.

8. budman1961 macrumors regular

Not making an excuse for ATT here, however when you have literally a couple hundred thousand people swamp a system over a relatively short amount of time, what can one expect?

I was able to order thru ATT, however when I clicked the "accept" (or whatever button), the server times out. I waited about an hour and called, the order was accepted, and my credit card charged.

I'm excited about my new phone, but I'm sure I will be more entertained by the threads starting over the next week!

9. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

No kidding. Persistence pays.

10. hippo206 macrumors 6502

11. alanlau007 macrumors member

Started trying since 1am Pacific time. Now, still nothing.
    I feel like being xxxked by Steve Jobs.

12. pkirby11 macrumors newbie

I got my finally placed around 6:50PM central time. I'd been trying all day at work and had no luck. It took them almost an hour or two after to get my e-mail confirmation mailed and I'm glad. Looks like I just squeezed into the June 24 delivery date.

I however was calm the whole day, I expected it. It's a popular item and no matter how much you anticipate something it's never enough. People would probably have still experienced problems and still would have been upset. What do you think, that they could have magically upgraded their servers in a weeks time? Even a months time? Doesn't seem likely to me, I expected all that happened today.

Can't wait until the 24th and thank you Apple for making a great product and ATT for providing very fast reliable 3G in my area. (No joke my 3G coverage, speed and service is great were I live.)

13. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I was gonna put that but.....

14. sms0217ny macrumors regular

I know ATT released a statement about today but any official word from Apple or Steve about todays events?

15. billy3785 macrumors regular

billy3785

i second that, only had a few hours sleep between the 1 am preorder time and 4:45 when i finally got through!

16. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

17. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Relieved I was able to pre-order, even though it was a **** show.

18. me2000 macrumors 6502

Relieved that I eventually was able to preorder (12 hours later) and got a June 24th ship date... but frustrated by the entire process.

19. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

I'm exhausted, having only gotten 4 1/2 hours sleep. I tried all night and then this morning. Finally went to the Apple store where they used my iPhone and the Apple store app to get a reservation.

Went home and didn't give up (I really didn't want to wait in a long line) and got a pre-order for launch day. However no confirmation email yet.

I wish it hadn't been so hard, but now I'm relieved. (even though I wanted white).

20. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

This, except I was lucky and only had to wait 10 hours for my preorder to go through.

21. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I'm a bit tired as I stayed up late last night to pre-order mine. Spent an hour trying in vain to get it through Apple.com. Switched to the AT&T site around 2:00 AM and voila, my order was complete within a couple of minutes. I stayed awake until way past 3:00 AM chatting and tweeting about it!

But obviously, I am very happy now. :)

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No white iPhone 4. No pre-order.

Crap announcement from a 3rd party blog. Nothing from ATT or Apple about it the entire day.

Now stuck with waiting longer than July to get the phone.

VERY frustrated. :mad:

BL.

23. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

distraught/worried

No non commitment option, gonna have to get to the Apple Store extra early on launch day and Ill be out of town, so I'll be at an unfamiliar Apple Store.

24. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Not sure yet. I didnt buy it, I reserved one at the store. I hope they are holding the reserved phones for at least one day but I may have made a mistake by not just paying for one now.

On the other hand looks like some people that did pay are already having trouble with shipping.

I am cautiously optimistic

25. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Absolutely no excuse for what happened today. I can understand being overwhelmed for a bit and a hiccup or two here and there, but a complete collapse of the system is unacceptable. I generally feel sorry for all the people who tried with no success, got their credit card charged three times with a new contract and no phone, leaked personal info, etc. I also feel sorry for the AT&T reps who have no control (and probably no idea until the last minute) of what was going on. It's a mess, it's bad management and very poor oversight. I look forward to hearing all of the backlash and what else is to come of today in the next few weeks or so. Hopefully AT&T will compensate these guys somehow.

I'm no conspiracy theorist or get into all these fabrications but... Extraordinary hype for the iPhone during a presale, Apple can quickly point the blame to AT&T, and perhaps Apple will end their exclusivity with AT&T next year and look like "the good guys" by providing their customers with more/better choice in service providers.

Like I said, I look forward to the next couple weeks.