WhatsApp iCloud backup

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by cebixd, Jul 14, 2017.

1. cebixd macrumors regular

cebixd

So im running iOS 10.3.3. My plans is to try iOS 11 and run it for a couple of days. When Install iOS 11, im gonna restore my previous convos on whatsapp.
    Will I be able to make a whatsapp backup on iOS 11 and restore that backup when I later downgrade to iOS 10.3.2

2. MisterMark macrumors newbie

MisterMark

No guarantees, but it worked for me after I went from PB 1 back to iOS 10.3.2.

3. cebixd thread starter macrumors regular

cebixd

Tnx bro, Ill try! Cheers

4. lemimouth, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017

lemimouth macrumors regular

WhatsApp iCloud backups are independent of iOS version, so it should work, as MisterMark said.

The only case where it wouldn't work is if a newer version of iOS "upgrades" the iCloud storage to a new version incompatible with previous versions of iOS, but as far as I know this is not the case with iOS 11.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 15, 2017 ---
    As for WhatsApp backup, is there a tool that can read the ChatStorage.sqlite database from WhatsApp and display the conversations ?

I made a small tool that can do that, but maybe there better ones. The idea is to extract the ChatStorage.sqlite file (can be done with a tool like IExplorer) and keep it on the computer for backup / history

5. cebixd thread starter macrumors regular

cebixd

Thats what I call a reply ☺️