Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Help! I feel like I'm alone with this issue, as I can't find related posts, but please enlighten me if you've experienced this.

I am seeing an issue where when I answer a phone call - and it appears to be nearly every other call at this point - that the person on the other end of the line can't hear me. Only when I receive calls. Now, I've been putting calls on speakerphone almost immediately, so I'm waiting to see if just answering normally and using the earpiece makes any difference. I can call them back right away and it's fine.

I'm on T Mobile (bleh), and so far everyone that has called me and I've experienced this issue with is AT&T. I'm not sure if that's just coincidence or causation, but that's the information I have.

konqerror

macrumors 68020
Dec 31, 2013
Try disabling LTE voice and seeing if the problem persists. Also try it without Wi-Fi calling. Might be an issue with VoLTE peering.

Comment

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Try disabling LTE voice and seeing if the problem persists. Also try it without Wi-Fi calling. Might be an issue with VoLTE peering.

I guess T Mobile doesn't support this.

And this is still happening.

Also my Apple Watch just can't seem to sync messages from the iPhone, so I end each day with 30+ messages unread...only seems to be non-iMessage messages. I'm seriously annoyed with Apple right now.

Comment

iapplelove

macrumors 603
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
This happened to an iPhone 4 I owned. Happened after a software update.

Apple couldn’t fix it so they gave me a brand new iPhone 4. Went home used my backup and literally same thing happened to the new one.

Had to get another iPhone 4 and this time start from new.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.